Tarpits of Doom -- WARNING! Happy99.exe

Post by Jim Augustinsk » Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I wouldn't advise detaching and or running happy99.exe.  It was not posted
here deliberately (I wouldn't have sent it on once I got it, but it appears
to attach itself to a few more emails after you run it).  This was on a
Windows machine.

>                   Name: Happy99.exe
>    Happy99.exe    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>               Encoding: x-uuencode

1. Virus Alert: happy99.exe attachment is a virus.

Windows users: Do NOT open the happy99.exe attachment found in various
posts here. It's a well known virus - the user is most likely infected
and it attaches itself to outgoing mails - or mails all on it's own.

R.K.Aa.

2. Net setup - 2nd dummy device

3. Do not run happy99.exe attached to my mail message !!

4. pb to install sunfreeware packages

5. Tarpits of Doom

6. Installing PS/2 Port Mouse

7. doom doom doom...site

8. Soalris 4.1.1 non-boot up

9. DOOM DOOM DOOM DUMB DUMB DUMB!

10. Windows binaries for ls.exe, rm.exe, etc.?

11. rawrite.exe - gzip.exe

12. cmd.exe and root.exe in HTTP error files