Looking for software

Post by Rick » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I am looking for 2 packages for a FreeBSD machine.  The first would monitor
web surfing on my network.  All users get Internet access via a gateway.
The second is a package for small buisness invoicing (kinda like
QuickBooks).  Any help is appreciated.

Looking for software

Post by Philipp Hube » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Rick schrieb:
Quote:

> I am looking for 2 packages for a FreeBSD machine.  The first would monitor
> web surfing on my network.  All users get Internet access via a gateway.

you could use a proxy server which generates logfiles. take a look at
squid

Quote:> The second is a package for small buisness invoicing (kinda like
> QuickBooks).  Any help is appreciated.

sorry, no idea here :-)

Philipp

Looking for software

Post by Ed Bardsle » Fri, 25 Feb 2000 04:00:00

You could try something like ethereal, filtered to only monitor HTTP
traffic.

--Ed

>I am looking for 2 packages for a FreeBSD machine.  The first would monitor
>web surfing on my network.  All users get Internet access via a gateway.
>The second is a package for small buisness invoicing (kinda like
>QuickBooks).  Any help is appreciated.

1. Looking for software version tracking software

Is anyone aware of a source software package available on Unix
(preference Solaris) which attempts something like this:

o       audits your $PATH looking for known software packages
o       creates a database tracking the packages and their versions
o       compares against a database of packages and their current versions
o       provides support for downloading new versions.

Think something like CPAN only for non-Perl code .

Thanks for any ideas you might have.
--

<*> O- <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>

2. Q:RealAudio 5.0 for linux with FreeBSD

3. Looking for software to LOG & SEARCH changes to hardware or software.

4. LMS CM205M with FUSION CD-16 trouble. help!!

5. Networking Tables

6. repost: looking for software to purge "robot" hits from logs

7. Losing Environment

8. Looking for Software

9. Looking for software

10. Looking for software application

11. Looking for software for FORE ES-2810 switch

12. Looking for Software to Automate Network Reporting & Analysis?