off topic. looking for a sample how to handle text terminals

off topic. looking for a sample how to handle text terminals

Post by Karl » Mon, 15 Mar 1999 04:00:00

because all of the packages available to purchase are mostly in english and
for the US i need to write a billing software in german language and fitting
the financial laws we have here. it should run on :

freebsd with text terminals / telnet and mysql as database. i think perl
with curses and dbi should be the environment.

now i am looking for a sample program to get my terminal/ database interface
as good as possible.

many thanks

1. (off-topic | not off-topic) implementation of built-in command time

Hello !!!!

    I am a student of computer sciencie in Spain... I am triying to make a
minishell like bash but smaller...with only a few commands... I have to
implment command time but i am having problems. I am trying to execute a
command in a process child and count the time that it is executing. I have
used the structure tms...but i am not sure which camp of the structure to
use...... Any one can help me..?

Can tell me what i am making wrong? I dont't know how to convert...ticks in
seconds and mseconds... Thank you very much

 Ignacio Robledo Rosell

 http://zipi.fi.upm.es/~g990406
 "When code matters more than comercials"

2. odd gatos problem

3. how to easily read Unix text files from Windows (not really off-topic)

4. extra form feed after my documents

5. Looking for Inventory/Invoicing Software (off topic)

6. linux mandrake 7 kppp help!

7. off topic: FreeBSD based IRC Network, looking for some additional Servers

8. Help with DoS attack, PLEASE

9. Off Topic - Sort off, Multiple IP w/ Rogers@home.

10. snf font for text terminal. Can consolechars handle?

11. looking for a good book on terminal/serial IO handling

12. Looking for a 3270 terminal under Linux Text mode

13. Re[x]: Lightspeed constant... <--off topic on an off topic thread.