NVIDIA 3d Support & Decent WM?

Post by Zeitgeis » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 06:51:07

Hi.

Is there any 3d support for my NVIDIA card in BSD? In linux I am able to use
the Nvidia drivers from nvidia.com to play games such as CS in wine, is this
possible in BSD?

Also - is there any decent OS X Aqua-type desktop for *BSD?

NVIDIA 3d Support & Decent WM?

Post by R. B. Mahone » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 08:58:46

> Also - is there any decent OS X Aqua-type desktop for *BSD?

sawfish has a couple of aqua themes.

--

NVIDIA 3d Support & Decent WM?

Post by Alastair Hogg » Sat, 02 Mar 2002 20:31:21

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 08:51 in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc,

> Hi.

Hello,

Quote:> Is there any 3d support for my NVIDIA card in BSD? In linux I am
> able to use the Nvidia drivers from nvidia.com to play games such as
> CS in wine, is this possible in BSD?

Not really...yet :-)
Keep an eye on this page:
"http://nvidia.netexplorer.org"
or
"http://nvidia.netexplorer.org/news.html"

--
-Alastair Hogge

-Remove "MAPSON." from email when replying.

NVIDIA 3d Support & Decent WM?

Post by Ariejan de Vroo » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 02:30:46

>> Also - is there any decent OS X Aqua-type desktop for *BSD?

> sawfish has a couple of aqua themes.

Try KDE with the mosfet-liquid thingie.. it really rocks!

NVIDIA 3d Support & Decent WM?

Post by Hubert Cros » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 12:43:20

Unfortunately because of FreeBSD's server-ish focus, it's harder to
get a comfortable workstation out of it. Nvidia drivers would be
nice...*hint, nvidia, hint!*

Good Luck
-Hubert

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:51:07 -0600, "Zeitgeist"

>Hi.

>Is there any 3d support for my NVIDIA card in BSD? In linux I am able to use
>the Nvidia drivers from nvidia.com to play games such as CS in wine, is this
>possible in BSD?

>Also - is there any decent OS X Aqua-type desktop for *BSD?

1. XFree 4.2 & nvidia's GLX & NVIDIA modules

Today on a new box I upgraded from XFree 4.01 to the new 4.2.  I am
able to use XFree's "nv" driver with no issue, however when I
downloaded and installed Nvidia's "nvidia kernel module" and "the GLX
module" and edit my XF86Config file to utilize these new drivers I
have issues. Checking the logs for XFree86 I see that both are being
found and initilized ok,but the nvidia driver errors out saying that
screens were found, but none of an acceptable configuration were

from the logs was the build on the nvidia drivers was for 4.01.
However, I have been using this same drivers on a machine running
Xfree 4.1 for quite sometime without any problems. If you have any

thanks!!!

2. Actiontec Prism Wireless

3. nVidia 3D support with XFree86 3.9.17?

4. NUMA Scheduler (1/2)

5. Support for STB nVidia ZX 8MB 3D 2X AGP Card

7. XFree Support for STB NVIDIA Velocity 128 3D

8. Problems with Quantum

9. Choice: STB 8MB NVidia 3D AGP or ATI XPert 8MB 2X AGP 3D Video?

10. NVIDIA 3D: really slow glxgears & game crashes - ARRGHH!

11. Help: GeForce2 MX & nvidia 0.9-5 & blue flashes & dri

12. X WINDOWS: ATI RAGE 3D / STB virge VX 3D Gfx Accel Drivers/support 4 LINUX ?

13. S3 3D Blaster Savage4 3D accel support in X 4.2.x