7 of 8 Aliases Serve WWW but Can Not Be Ping'd

7 of 8 Aliases Serve WWW but Can Not Be Ping'd

Post by David DiBartolome » Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Strange occurance.  I have Apache set up and serving websites on 9 ip
aliases.  The aliases are set in rc.conf and also in httpd.conf.  The
strange thing is I can ping my main ip and the first alias, but none of the
other aliases can be pinged from the machine.  Yes, the IP's are serving up
with Apache and yes they can be pinged from every other machine in the world
just not by the server.

Suggestions?

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. Major help... Cyrus IMAP with Plain SASL modules not authenticating

3. Has anyone got the psx kernel from runix.ru to run?

4. www servers not serving

5. Kernel configuration on Solaris 2.6 with ORACLE 8.0.4

6. Canned "ping"

7. cannot compile Saint-1.4

8. Some services working but can't ping (not ping-able)

9. any way to determine path alias' from www server?

10. IP aliasing patch -- FTP (not WWW) site?

11. can ping but cannot get to www or cannot ping by name

12. Problem with ppp: ping works, telnet www don't (RedHat6.0)