Netscape/Java streaming data problem (stock quotes)

Netscape/Java streaming data problem (stock quotes)

Post by scot » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 06:00:38

FreeBSD-4.2/Linux-Netscape 4.76

Hi All,

I'm using Linux-Netscape with Sun's java plugin and cannot
seem to get streaming quotes from my brokerage firm for any
length of time. Generally after a few minutes Netscape just
freezes up. No such trouble with NT or Solaris. Does anyone
have a recommendation - short of going back to NT ?

tia,

scott

Netscape/Java streaming data problem (stock quotes)

install jdk and use appletviewer

Post by Nick Hilliar » Tue, 23 Jan 2001 21:03:23

> I'm using Linux-Netscape with Sun's java plugin and cannot
> seem to get streaming quotes from my brokerage firm for any
> length of time. Generally after a few minutes Netscape just
> freezes up.

That's correct: netscape's java implementation on FreeBSD and Linux is terrible
and will reliably hang the browser after executing the simplest code.

Nick

1. Stock quotes, news, charts java application on Linux

I have just released a beta version of the QuoteGrabber, a stock market
tracking Java application. A new universal java installer is available on the
site that should greatly simplify setup, including on Linux, by creating a
launcher.

If you don't have Java installed on your machine, first get the JDK-1.1.5 from
one of the mirrors listed at http://www.java-linux.org/Mirrors.html

All the files are at:

http://www.aparima.com/quote/

2. mru and mtu

3. firewall blocks java streaming quotes

4. mailer errors in Sol 2.3

6. double monitors

7. Applix spreadsheet stock quotes import macro

8. How to upgrade?

9. stock quotes on internet?

10. Stock Quotes script?

11. Netscape gettimeofday() Java client crash, new data: *server* dependent?

12. Problem in sed using double quotes and single quotes

13. quoting quotes, problem