Starting script

Post by Tou » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 17:43:47

I created a script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ and applied to the script a chmod
u+x to start fetchmail on computer boot...

But fetchmail doesn't start

I put /usr/local/bin/fetchmail in other script that is starting commands
successfully, but doesn't start fetchmail...

I was logged as root

What did I miss ?

TIA

Starting script

Post by Lowell Gilber » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 00:36:21

> I created a script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ and applied to the script a chmod
> u+x to start fetchmail on computer boot...

> But fetchmail doesn't start

> I put /usr/local/bin/fetchmail in other script that is starting commands
> successfully, but doesn't start fetchmail...

> I was logged as root

> What did I miss ?

Just a guess:  the script's filename doesn't end in '.sh'?

Starting script

Post by Tou » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 16:11:08

yes, I named it fetchmail.sh and put in it this:

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/bin/fetchmail
echo -n 'Loading Fetchmail'

Post by Lowell Gilber » Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:27:02

> yes, I named it fetchmail.sh and put in it this:

> #!/bin/sh
> /usr/local/bin/fetchmail
> echo -n 'Loading Fetchmail'

Okay, try setting the other executable bits on it ('chmod gou+x'
instead of just 'chmod u+x')...

> > > I created a script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ and applied to the script a
> chmod
> > > u+x to start fetchmail on computer boot...

> > > But fetchmail doesn't start

> > > I put /usr/local/bin/fetchmail in other script that is starting commands
> > > successfully, but doesn't start fetchmail...

> > > I was logged as root

> > > What did I miss ?

> > Just a guess:  the script's filename doesn't end in '.sh'?

Starting script

Post by Simon Barne » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 18:27:53

Quote:> I created a script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ and applied to the script a chmod
> u+x to start fetchmail on computer boot...

Can you post your script here?

1. how to cancel start script?

Hi,

i tried to fix a problem with my usb mouse and got a bigger one. After
changing some entries in XF86Config, my system crashes on boot up.
That is because the graphical login is selected and the x-server
starts automatically  after boot up. Is there any chance to interrupt
the start script (keyboard short cut...), so I could login and fix the
entry in XF86Config? Another way to solve my problem would be fine as
well...

Thx and bye G.B.

2. 2.4.1 crashes every two days, oopses included

3. Starting Script After WVDial Connects

4. Reroute mail

5. log of the /etc/rc2.d Start scripts

6. Very stange ... or very smart modem or term 2.1.4

7. apache ssl start script

8. samba print authorization trouble

9. starting script file with ksh for rsh commands

10. Starting script as another user

11. Can't Start Scripts (FreeBSD)

12. Cron starting scripts multiple times

13. Start script on login