No not OSF/1 (AKA Digital Unix) (Was Re: A *REAL* Unix Platform)

Post by Jesus Monroy, J » Tue, 30 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>> [some good points snipped]
>>   ......[SNIP]............
>>   the commercial development going on there (does the Alpha port have
>>   Linux/Alpha emulation, and does anyone actually ship commercial
>>   Linux/Alpha software??)

>Just to answer this question, no, not yet (on both counts).  We're
>actually going to shoot for OSF/1 (AKA Digital Unix) compatability as

   Just a note I worked with OSF/1 (ala DEC) and while the machine
   was nice, the OS and support from DEC was sucko. I not trying
   to shoot down anyones effort, but perhaps a
   SORTA-KINDA-LIKEA-DEC-Unix would be okay.

   Then again, as this is sure to start some kinda flame, I've
   started a new thread.... and please, those on the sidelines
   feel free to jump in.  I've got my asbestos suit on. :-)

--
I am not a bot.
You check my spelling at: