DECNET

Post by Bill Gunshann » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone written any software to allow FreeBSD boxes to take part in
a DECNET Network??  Or is DECNET so proprietary that this is not even
possible??

bill

--
Bill Gunshannon          |  de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.  Three wolves

University of Scranton   |
Scranton, Pennsylvania   |         #include <std.disclaimer.h>

DECNET

Post by Nick Hilliar » Sat, 06 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> Has anyone written any software to allow FreeBSD boxes to take part in
> a DECNET Network??  Or is DECNET so proprietary that this is not even
> possible??

The latter.

Nick

DECNET

Post by Lars Hofhans » Sun, 07 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> > Has anyone written any software to allow FreeBSD boxes to take part in
> > a DECNET Network??  Or is DECNET so proprietary that this is not even
> > possible??

> The latter.

> Nick

There is, however, a port for Linux available at
  http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/8911/
so it doesn't seem to be impossible in general.

Cheers,

        Lars

--
Legal Warning: Anyone sending me unsolicited/commercial email
WILL be charged a $100 proof-reading fee. See US Code Title 47,

1. How do I talk decnet from Solaris to Decnet OSI & DECNET Phase 4

Hi,

We are replacing one of our VAX systems with a Solaris box and I was
wondering if anyone knows what tools I can use to talk decnet from the
Solaris box to both Decnet OSI and Decnet Phase IV.

This is a completely new experience for me and, although I can find
mention of SunOne and other products in old postings I believe these
are no longer supported by Sun and was hoping someone could give me a
lead on any products available.

Many thanks in advance

Paul

2. Video drivers for trident 9660?

3. Linux and DECnet?

4. memtool 3.9.4 and SunOS 5.8 Generic_112953-02 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

5. fix decnet compile error on newer gcc's

6. POPS and IMAPS

7. What is a DECNET socket ?

8. color depth

9. Sun DECnet mail & V8

10. DECnet Plus for 5.1

11. Ultrix sendmail, local MX, and DEcnet

12. DECNet + bad mmdf install -> no send mail

13. DECnet LAt services