acroread4 dumps core with FPE

Post by Volker Sto » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Acroread4 on FreeBSD3.4-STABLE dumps core because of a
floating point exception, I can just see a splash-screen
pop up before it bombs.
The machine is a perfectly normal Celeron400.
--

1. dump core or not dump core

Howdy,

Some of my programs dump core, others don't. I tried
it on RedHat 6.1 and Mandrake 7.0 with kernels 2.2.14
and 2.2.15. I tried tcsh and bash with coredumpsize
set to 1GB. It seems to be application specific.

Is there any other criteria when suppressing apart from
the type of signal and the size limitation?
The application that doesn't dump core contains signal
handlers for some signals, but not for SEGV or ABRT.

Ruppert

 Dept of Elec. & Comp. Engr.    http://alpha.ece.ucsb.edu/~ruppert
 University of California       Phone: (805) 893-7788
 Santa Barbara, CA 93106        Fax:   (805) 893-3262

2. Named Virtual Host just wont work

3. core dumps core dumps everywhere...

4. witch newsreader does everybody here use ?

5. Get "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" but no core file found

6. DVD ioctl patch for 2.2.14

7. Apache problem - core dumps (httpd.core) all over the place

8. Keyboard rate

9. XF86_SVGA core dumped, but where is the core file?

10. why are core dumps always named "core"?

11. GDB dumps core when given core?

12. want to dump core, then run the core later.

13. unix dump: dumped twice to same dumpfile; restore if file displays only last dump