Wavelan device under FreeBSD 2.1/2.2

Post by Bernie Doehn » Wed, 04 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi All:

Is anyone else actively working on a wavelan driver for FreeBSD?
Do you have a Wavelan card and are you interrested in helping debug our device driver?

FreeBSD and have it just barely working (as of tonite). There are still several
serious bugs/problems with our port, but when we are done, it will be
compileable into 2.2 and 2.1 (and hopefuly 2.1.5 - haven't tried yet).

Until we judge and the FreeBSD kernel group judge our device driver "fit for
addition to the kernel source tree", I'd like to assemble a list of
beta testers to help us in the testing process.

Please let me know if you are interrested.

Thanks.

Bernie Doehner

P.S. The kernel source mods are minor - just one additional source file and
a header file, plus one line in files.i386 and one in the kernel config file.

Post by Lars Hentsch » Thu, 05 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: Until we judge and the FreeBSD kernel group judge our device driver "fit for
: addition to the kernel source tree", I'd like to assemble a list of
: beta testers to help us in the testing process.

Are there distributors for wavelan-cards in Germany?
Some technical specifiactions?

Lars.