USB/UMASS

USB/UMASS

Post by Magnu » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 01:42:09



Hi,

I'm trying to mount my camera through the umass - USB Mass Storage Devices
driver. The problem I have is that I don't know what device to mount and
how to do it?

I have tried:
mount -t msdos /dev/da0 /camera
msdos: /dev/da0: Device not configured

But without luck.

Any help is very much appreciated.

(All required drivers/devices have been compiled into the kernel.)

/var/log/messages:
Oct 30 17:31:02 gw /kernel: ugen0: Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. USB Mass
Storage, rev 1.10/10.00, addr 2
Oct 30 17:31:10 gw /kernel: ugen0: at uhub0 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
Oct 30 17:31:10 gw /kernel: ugen0: detached

usbdevs -v:
Controller /dev/usb0:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x0000), rev
0x0100
 port 1 addr 2: self powered, config 1, USB Mass Storage(0x0100), Fuji
Photo Film Co., Ltd.(0x04cb), rev 0x1000
 port 2 powered
Controller /dev/usb1:
addr 1: self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x0000), rev
0x0100
 port 1 powered
 port 2 powered

Thanks,
Magnus

 
 
 

USB/UMASS

Post by Tim Josep » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 17:19:48



> Hi,

> I'm trying to mount my camera through the umass - USB Mass Storage Devices
> driver. The problem I have is that I don't know what device to mount and
> how to do it?

> I have tried:
> mount -t msdos /dev/da0 /camera
> msdos: /dev/da0: Device not configured

> But without luck.

> Any help is very much appreciated.

> (All required drivers/devices have been compiled into the kernel.)

> /var/log/messages:
> Oct 30 17:31:02 gw /kernel: ugen0: Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. USB Mass
> Storage, rev 1.10/10.00, addr 2

<snip>

Uncanny - I just asked a similar question to freebsd-questions, -stable
and -hardware.

What camera is it? FinePix 4700/4800?

The problem is that the umass driver doesn't know anything about this
device, and so it appears as a ugen device.

I emailed Nick Hibna too, and he said that he would try to move over the
relevant code from NetBSD soon. Perhaps in week or two?

Good luck - and please let me know if you hear anything!

From,

Tim

--
To email me, please remove the ".spam"

 
 
 

USB/UMASS

Post by Magnu » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 03:49:28



> Uncanny - I just asked a similar question to freebsd-questions, -stable
> and -hardware.

> What camera is it? FinePix 4700/4800?

> The problem is that the umass driver doesn't know anything about this
> device, and so it appears as a ugen device.

> I emailed Nick Hibna too, and he said that he would try to move over the
> relevant code from NetBSD soon. Perhaps in week or two?

> Good luck - and please let me know if you hear anything!

> From,

> Tim

The camera is a Fuji FinePix 40i.

Currently I have no other solution than using Windows to download the
images from the SmartMedia, which is sad :-(

I will let you know as soon as I manage to connect his thing through UMASS.

Regards,
Magnus

 
 
 

USB/UMASS

Post by Jan Stock » Fri, 02 Nov 2001 06:25:30


Okay boys,
ive the same problem with my minolta dimage 2330 zoom...

    umass0: MINOLTA  DIMAGE 2330 ZOOM DIMAGE2330ZOOM, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
    da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
    da0: <MINOLTA DIMAGE 2330 ZOOM 1.00> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
    da0: 650KB/s transfers
    da0: 62MB (128001 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 62C)

    $ mount -t msdos /dev/da0 /cam
    msdosfs: /dev/da0: Invalid argument

This looks like the kernel is knowing something about this cam.  
But i cant mount with msdos fs...

Jan



>> Hi,

>> I'm trying to mount my camera through the umass - USB Mass Storage Devices
>> driver. The problem I have is that I don't know what device to mount and
>> how to do it?

>> I have tried:
>> mount -t msdos /dev/da0 /camera
>> msdos: /dev/da0: Device not configured

>> But without luck.

>> Any help is very much appreciated.

>> (All required drivers/devices have been compiled into the kernel.)

>> /var/log/messages:
>> Oct 30 17:31:02 gw /kernel: ugen0: Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. USB Mass
>> Storage, rev 1.10/10.00, addr 2
><snip>

>Uncanny - I just asked a similar question to freebsd-questions, -stable
>and -hardware.

>What camera is it? FinePix 4700/4800?

>The problem is that the umass driver doesn't know anything about this
>device, and so it appears as a ugen device.

>I emailed Nick Hibna too, and he said that he would try to move over the
>relevant code from NetBSD soon. Perhaps in week or two?

>Good luck - and please let me know if you hear anything!

>From,

>Tim

>--
>To email me, please remove the ".spam"

--
"What is this thing, anyway?" said the Dean, inspecting the implement in
his hands.
"It's called a shovel," said the Senior Wrangler. "I've seen the gardeners
use them. You stick the sharp end in the ground. Then it gets a bit
technical."
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man)
 
 
 

USB/UMASS

Post by Mike Pumfo » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 22:55:50




>    umass0: MINOLTA  DIMAGE 2330 ZOOM DIMAGE2330ZOOM, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
>    da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
>    da0: <MINOLTA DIMAGE 2330 ZOOM 1.00> Removable Direct Access SCSI-0 device
>    da0: 650KB/s transfers
>    da0: 62MB (128001 512 byte sectors: 64H 32S/T 62C)

Kernel has found the camera and created a da0 device for the onboard storage.

Quote:

>    $ mount -t msdos /dev/da0 /cam
>    msdosfs: /dev/da0: Invalid argument

When you plug in the camera it appears like a disk. That means it will
have slices. Try:

mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1 /cam

This may still not work if it doesnt repeat the command using da0s2,da0s3
and da0s4 in place of da0s1 one of these ought to work.

Mike

 
 
 

1. USB/UMASS (Fujifilm Finepix 40i)

Hi,

I'm currently using FreeBSD 4.6, but at the moment there is no support for
my digital camera which needs UMASS with ATAPI (8070i) specific functions.

I heard NetBSD is at the moment supporting a broader range of USB devices.

If I switch to NetBSD, is my camera supported by the umass driver in NetBSD?

Thanks,
Magnus

2. help locating kpersonalizer settings

3. USB Digital Camera doesn't mount umass device

4. Netscape attachments / octet stream

5. usb/scsi umass problem

6. Linux on a Psion ?

7. USB, T-Online, Eumex 504PC USB [Was: Re: suse6.4 - usb]

8. Rdist

9. Trouble with umass

10. UMass Amherst LUG

11. Questions about PPP on ftp.gang.umass.edu

12. umass / da0 / digicam

13. UMass Amherst LUG