chflags problem

Post by Johan Kritzinge » Thu, 24 May 2001 16:29:36

Hi

I'm trying to recompile my kernel, but I keep on getting "Operation not
permitted" when it tries to "chflags noschg /kernel" (make install).  I am
logged in as root, have even changed the kern.securitylevel and tried
single-user, but no luck yet.  Please help!

chflags problem

Post by Lee Ha » Fri, 25 May 2001 08:12:16

> Hi

> I'm trying to recompile my kernel, but I keep on getting "Operation not
> permitted" when it tries to "chflags noschg /kernel" (make install).  I am
> logged in as root, have even changed the kern.securitylevel and tried
> single-user, but no luck yet.  Please help!

It is probably still your kernel secure level. What is it set at?

sysctl kern.securelevel

will show you the current setting. You cannot change it downward without
actually rebooting the machine. Did you reboot to get to single-user
mode, or just

shutdown now
?

chflags problem

Post by Rasput » Fri, 25 May 2001 23:22:03

> Hi

> I'm trying to recompile my kernel, but I keep on getting "Operation not
> permitted" when it tries to "chflags noschg /kernel" (make install).  I am
> logged in as root, have even changed the kern.securitylevel

How? Cos it hasn't worked.

--
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::

1. Upgrading to FBSD3.4: chflags problems?

I know that 3.4 will be out this month. I have a server running 3.3 at
securelevel 2, and I'm thinking of doing a chflags sunlnk schg on
all the static files (/bin, /sbin, /usr/bin, etc etc.)

When I use the binary upgrade procedure in 3.4, will having `sunlnk schg'
files prevent the upgrade from going successfully? I.e will the kernel
on the 3.4 boot floppy ignore these flags?

Many thanks for any advice on this!

        Warren

--
There is only one s in my email address

2. XFree/X11 and (no) Back-Fill-Caching?

3. Problems in 4.4: fxp in SMP-Mode, chflags /kernel: Operation not permitted

4. Card for Philips monitor

5. prb with chflags

6. redraw problems with m64 since 8/99 recommended patch cluster (sol 2.6)?

7. chflags not change flags at symlink

8. Apache proxy problems.

9. make installkernel error with chflags

10. chflags

11. chflags question

12. locked system on bootup with immutable chflags

13. 4.4BSD (and others) chflags, sysctl, and secure levels