FreeBSD Newbie Progress Days 10-14

Post by Totally Jayynes » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:10:30

Well, built a second box using the first box as a guide.  Added both a
20 gig and 60 gig to this new box.

Finally understood what I was doing when I was partitioning out the
Drive space.... I had read it, and I had been told it, but my M$
programmed mind wouldn't let me quite comprehend it....  need to start
to deprogram....

I now understand that when I make

/  200mb, that I / is basically the same as a 200mb C:Drive

/var
/usr are also 'drives' when I am setting up the partitions.

Unfortunately, I figured that out after I had partitioned out this
second box... but that is ok, what I have is definitely workable.

Setting up ftp was MUCH easier this time.  I am just using the
standard ftp that comes with FreeBSD.  Using Single logins, created a
dummy shell accout in /etc/shells so ftp accounts can't log into the
box itself, only ftp.

When I create users for my Unix box, I add them to the users group.  I

blocked from logging into ftp, so no passwords are passed in clear
text that have the ability to really do anything.

So, once FTP was up and running and tested good, I d/led and installed
Apache via the Package feature.  Went through and set the httpd.conf
file to all the settings I had on the original box... but I couldn't
get httpd to start.... someone suggested that I check the logs and
found that it was making an incorrect call to the name of my box...
so someone suggested that I add an entry into my /etc/hosts file.
This worked.  Why I didn't have to do that on my first box but I did
on my second box, I don't know.  But I do know it worked and I learned
about a new file.

Now that I had Apache online, I started ftp'ing all my mp3s via the
local LAN.  This actually took a day and a half days... whew.
Probably wouldn't have taken so long if I hadn't tried to have like 8
threads going at the same time... I think M$ would *every once in
a while.

Files uploaded and moved to the /mp3 directory.  Run my basic script
to build my playlist for all files, test the playlist on the local
lan... perfect, everything going nicely.

edit /etc/rc.conf and comment out DHCP and add in my static ip info.
Haul it off to work, plug it in and X my fingers.  It is headless at
work, just a powercord and network cable.  Can't log into it, can't
ping it... oh well, I have work to do, will take it home when I get
off and fiddle with it and figure out what I did wrong... just for
kicks, I try it about 4 hours later... it is there, accepting ssh
connections and apache is alive and well to.  Not sure why it took so
long to come up... I know it didn't take 4 hours, but it did take more
then 15minutes... maybe I didn't shut it down properly when I powered
it off originally.

Spent the day getting help from many of you on building a more
advanced Playlist script and also some time at

build (more like doctor) a small script that does absolutely exactly
what I was looking for.

Thanks so much everyone for the help.

Hmmmm... now what to do with it ?? :)
Totally Jayyness

FreeBSD Newbie Progress Days 10-14

Post by Paul » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:56:42

Quote:> Hmmmm... now what to do with it ?? :)

Some things you could do:

1. Look into installing and configuring CVS to keep it updated?
2. Install a mailserver
3. Install a newsserver

:-)

--
  __
 /_/             Creator/Maintainer

Post by Totally Jayynes » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 00:48:35

>> Hmmmm... now what to do with it ?? :)

>Some things you could do:

>1. Look into installing and configuring CVS to keep it updated?
>2. Install a mailserver
>3. Install a newsserver

>:-)

Oh yeah... CVSup.... I tinkered with that a little but it only pulled
me away from my main goal.

Mail Server is a good idea...

Oooooo a News Server.... not sure if I have enough room on this
computer, though, what would you recommend for minimum HD space to
host a newsserver?
Totally Jayyness

FreeBSD Newbie Progress Days 10-14

Post by David Hawort » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 05:23:06

Quote:> Oooooo a News Server.... not sure if I have enough room on this
> computer, though, what would you recommend for minimum HD space to
> host a newsserver?

heh, that all depends on how keen you are on news. for a simple suck feed
for half a dozen text groups then 10-20 megs will leave loads of history and
be more than enough really...

on the other hand if you get a full ihave feed from a major news hub then
you are looking at 300GB per day... (okay, this is unlikely as you'd have to
dedicate around 26mbps just to news transit but hey, it's an indication of
the ranges you come across :)

pick a figure in the middle :) if you restrict the groups to just what you
actually want, and drop the binary groups then you won't need too much.

I maintain a mostly text only newsserver with most of the heirarchies pruned
(the big 7+alt-binaries&sex+some other interesting ones line m$, linux, uk
etc) on an ihave feed with a decent enough amount of history and we use
about 90G of diskspace. a fair few binary groups sneaked in there though :)

dave

FreeBSD Newbie Progress Days 10-14

Post by Totally Jayynes » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:59:22

Quote:>for half a dozen text groups then 10-20 megs will leave loads of history and
>be more than enough really...

That much space I have for sure... easy

Quote:

>on the other hand if you get a full ihave feed from a major news hub then
>you are looking at 300GB per day...

NOPE, don't have that

Quote:

>pick a figure in the middle :) if you restrict the groups to just what you
>actually want, and drop the binary groups then you won't need too much.

I could probably devote 5-10 gigs, I think I am only using 2.3 gigs of
teh 20gig drive I have devoted to ftp.

Quote:>I maintain a mostly text only newsserver with most of the heirarchies pruned
>(the big 7+alt-binaries&sex+some other interesting ones line m$, linux, uk
>etc) on an ihave feed with a decent enough amount of history and we use
>about 90G of diskspace. a fair few binary groups sneaked in there though :)

* is just to prolific and easy to get to actualy devote processes
to collecting it.....  I do like watching this group and the
24hoursupport.helpdesk group and the alt.certification.cisco group as
far as text groups go....

But then there are the warez/games groups and the mp3 groups...  I
wouldn't mind having a direct feed to just a couple of those though,
then I wouldn't miss anything cuz I would have them already....

I am liking this the more I think about it....

Sounds like the next project of the FreeBSD Newbie is to try to set up
a Newserver.
Totally Jayyness

Post by Michel TALO » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:43:34

: Sounds like the next project of the FreeBSD Newbie is to try to set up
: a Newserver.

Yes, and it is not trivial! Inn is such a bag of executables and scripts and
man pages that you have to fight almost an operating system. Sure your
week end will be spent entirely on that.

: Totally Jayyness

--

Michel TALON

Post by Bill Vermilli » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 00:13:17

>: Sounds like the next project of the FreeBSD Newbie is to try to
>: set up a Newserver.
>Yes, and it is not trivial! Inn is such a bag of executables and
>scripts and man pages that you have to fight almost an operating
>system. Sure your week end will be spent entirely on that.

It depends on how much news he needs/wants.  I run a small server
on my machine [once you get used to real-time you don't want to go
back].

It's most of comp and a few others.  I run the old war-horse
'c-news' and for a small feed - I'm under 10MB day - it is really
pretty easy.   Totally Jayness didn't indicate if he wanted it for
personal use [and that limits you to just how much you can read a
day] or shared.  But even with a handful of friends if you stick
with a few of the groups you can do wonders with cnews and a small
drive.

Post by David Hawort » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:05:38

Quote:>>for half a dozen text groups then 10-20 megs will leave loads of
>>history and  be more than enough really...
> That much space I have for sure... easy

if it's just for you and maybe a few others then thats plenty really.

Quote:>>on the other hand if you get a full ihave feed from a major news hub
>>then you are looking at 300GB per day...
> NOPE, don't have that

heh, who does? thats major ISP/newshub territory only, just interesting to
know. my co's e3 would shudder almost to it's death under that load (never
minding our customers bandwidth useage)

Quote:> I could probably devote 5-10 gigs, I think I am only using 2.3 gigs of
> teh 20gig drive I have devoted to ftp.

if you only want text and it's not for an isp, ie only stuff you're actually
gonna read then this is *huge*. the reason newsfeeds are so big is because
there really is soo much stuff there. I reckon tat about 90% of the news on
our newserver goes unread, but it has to be there "just in case"

Quote:> But then there are the warez/games groups and the mp3 groups...  I
> wouldn't mind having a direct feed to just a couple of those though,
> then I wouldn't miss anything cuz I would have them already....

pick a few good groups out and then dedicate, say, a couple of gigs to them
and you'll be fine. of course, you have to have a place to get news from...
your isp does have a server I assume?

Quote:> Sounds like the next project of the FreeBSD Newbie is to try to set up
> a Newserver.

heh, perhaps something like leafnode might suit your purposes, or do you
wanna set up a full blown newsserver like cnews or inn? have fun :)

dave

FreeBSD Newbie Progress Days 10-14

Post by Totally Jayynes » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:53:13

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:43:34 +0000 (UTC), Michel TALON

>Yes, and it is not trivial! Inn is such a bag of executables and scripts and
>man pages that you have to fight almost an operating system. Sure your
>week end will be spent entirely on that.

Actually, did some research on the web and as far as getting it up and
running, I found several HowTo articles that look like the hold your
hand step by step.  Unfoturnately, maybe to much, though.  Many of
them really don't explain what you are doing, just say 1. do this.  2.
do this next.  Hard to learn that way.

>It depends on how much news he needs/wants.  I run a small server
>on my machine [once you get used to real-time you don't want to go
>back].

>It's most of comp and a few others.  I run the old war-horse
>'c-news' and for a small feed - I'm under 10MB day - it is really
>pretty easy.   Totally Jayness didn't indicate if he wanted it for
>personal use [and that limits you to just how much you can read a
>day] or shared.  But even with a handful of friends if you stick
>with a few of the groups you can do wonders with cnews and a small
>drive.

Well, to start, this probably would be just for myself.  And I would
probably start with fewer groups then I am even subscribed to with my
reader... cuz  am signed up for more binary groups then I probably
have the diskspace to devote to atm.

Bill, I read that you can have an internal newsserver, I guess for an
intranet or something like that, but for a newsserver that you are
getting news from the general public, you have to have news feeds (1-5
for a small server).  How do you go about finding news feeds?  Where
did you get yours and what kinda hoops did you have to jump through in
order for them to add you to their feed list?

Quote:>pick a few good groups out and then dedicate, say, a couple of gigs to them
>and you'll be fine. of course, you have to have a place to get news from...
>your isp does have a server I assume?

Well, Mindspring does have a newsserver, but I am dropping them as my
DSL on friday and going with COX Cable.  I am sure they have a
newsserver, but I don't know what their selection is like.  I will
still have an active mindspring dial-up account, but not sure how they
require authentication to their server via the dial-up.

As far as binary groups go, probably would only grab
mp3.gothic-industrial and one of the warez.games groups.  Hopefully
Cox will have one of the 0day groups which mindspring doesn't
carry.... like I have time for games anymore anyway :)

Quote:>heh, perhaps something like leafnode might suit your purposes, or do you
>wanna set up a full blown newsserver like cnews or inn? have fun :)

I will look into leafnode.  I was going to go with INN just because
there seems to be a ton of support and HowTos out there for it.

Totally Jayyness

Post by Bill Vermilli » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:50:03

>On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:43:34 +0000 (UTC), Michel TALON

>>Yes, and it is not trivial! Inn is such a bag of executables and
>>scripts and man pages that you have to fight almost an operating
>>system. Sure your week end will be spent entirely on that.

I'll agree with that.

>>It depends on how much news he needs/wants.  I run a small server
>>on my machine [once you get used to real-time you don't want to go
>>back].
>>It's most of comp and a few others.  I run the old war-horse
>>'c-news' and for a small feed - I'm under 10MB day - it is really
>>pretty easy.   Totally Jayness didn't indicate if he wanted it for
>>personal use [and that limits you to just how much you can read a
>>day] or shared.  But even with a handful of friends if you stick
>>with a few of the groups you can do wonders with cnews and a small
>>drive.
>Well, to start, this probably would be just for myself.  And I would
>probably start with fewer groups then I am even subscribed to with my
>reader... cuz  am signed up for more binary groups then I probably
>have the diskspace to devote to atm.

I have a total of 61 groups in my active.  A great many I hardly
touch but they are there when I need them.

Quote:>Bill, I read that you can have an internal newsserver, I guess for an
>intranet or something like that,

Well I don't know if you'd call an intranet my two FreeBSD machines
and WinME [I only use that for such things as printing MS documents
and PDF things from Acrobat.  My FreeBSD machine isn't quite up to
that - but I do use the FreeBSD as the print server using
aspfilter.

Quote:>but for a newsserver that you are getting news from the general
>public, you have to have news feeds (1-5 for a small server). How
>do you go about finding news feeds? Where did you get yours and
>what kinda hoops did you have to jump through in order for them to
>add you to their feed list?

Actually you don't have to have a news >feed<.  I just go get the
news using 'suck'.  They don't even know I get it.  It's somewhat
analogous to the way a web-browser works when you get news from
your ISP.   As of now the news is the only thing that I use the
modem for.  I have DSL and the modem on the same line.  [I am the
tech for a small niche type ISP - commercial stuff only - and I
could get a newsfeed from our backbone - but since I'm the only one
using the news it's just as easy to continue on with the 56K modem
for that for now.  Since my web/mail/dedicated servers are on
100MBit NICs on 1Gbit uplinks to the 10Gb backbone you can see I'd
have no problem getting a feed to a server there and then to me but
it's not worth the hassle of setting up INN for me].

The 'suck' is in /usr/ports/news/suck.
I just fire this off from cron twice and hour.  I have the echo
statements so I can build a log file that is easily read. [I've
just munged the name of the ISP I'm using and my server name]

echo "================" >>/usr/local/news/lib/suck.status
echo "Starting at" `date` >>/usr/local/news/lib/suck.status
#echo `date` >>/usr/local/news/lib/suck.status
/usr/local/bin/suck my.news.provider.net -T 120 -c -a -A -hl my.domain.name -AL /usr/local/news/lib/active -dm /usr/local/news/lib/Msgs -e -f -i -250 -S ~/lib/suck.status -m -B -dd /usr/local/news/lib -br /usr/spool/news/in.coming/`date +%Y%m%d%H%M%s.t` -r 500000
echo "Finished at" `date` >>/usr/local/news/lib/suck.status
#echo `date` >>/usr/local/news/lib/suck.status

Getting all the options was a bit strange as the manual for suck
was a bit hard to read.  Everything was there - it's just that
there are a lot of options and the man page has it all and it's
just figuring it all out.

I'm using c-news - and it's not the current version. It's the
sources I used a year or so ago and the only thing ever done was
the y2k patch.

I guess I must run about 4-5 minutes of connect time per hour.
Looking at my log files the biggest day this past week was 1927
articles.

One of the predecesors of this machine [same name and phone number
over the years] was an old 6MHz Radio Shack running originally
b-news.  When I moved to an 80386 machine I had two modems running
continually and there was about a year when the machine was in the
top-500 sites.  I'd not think of c-news for anything other than a
small feed - but I unbatch all the articles in just a few seconds
on this system [200MHz Pentium - but it only does mail and news -
but it feels snappier than my stronger MS machine. ] [Actually the
modem went in when I put up the first 24-hour BBS in this area
in July 1981 - about 2 months before IBM brought out the PC  so maybe
communications is easier for me than others]

I just ran du on the news hierarchy and there is 40MB in use.
Does exactly what I need it to do and with suck you just add
a group to the active file and the next call out you start sucking
it in.

>>pick a few good groups out and then dedicate, say, a couple of gigs to them
>>and you'll be fine. of course, you have to have a place to get news from...
>>your isp does have a server I assume?
>Well, Mindspring does have a newsserver, but I am dropping them as my
>DSL on friday and going with COX Cable.  I am sure they have a
>newsserver, but I don't know what their selection is like.  I will
>still have an active mindspring dial-up account, but not sure how they
>require authentication to their server via the dial-up.

If you can get news on your machine via something like Netscape I
suspect you can use suck.  Don't know about COX though.

Quote:>I will look into leafnode.  I was going to go with INN just because
>there seems to be a ton of support and HowTos out there for it.

I stuck with the old warhorse because I didn't need a lot of power
and it's easier [at least for me] to setup.

Didn't mean to wander on so long.

Bill

Post by Michel TALO » Fri, 30 Nov 2001 19:12:38

: Bill, I read that you can have an internal newsserver, I guess for an
: intranet or something like that, but for a newsserver that you are
: getting news from the general public, you have to have news feeds (1-5
: for a small server).  How do you go about finding news feeds?  Where
: did you get yours and what kinda hoops did you have to jump through in
: order for them to add you to their feed list?

To grab the news from a news server and post your articles to it, you have to
use an other auxiliary program (except if you persuade your ISP to add you
to his newsfeeds). Usually people use suck or newsx for that. I much prefer
newsx (in the ports).

:>heh, perhaps something like leafnode might suit your purposes, or do you
:>wanna set up a full blown newsserver like cnews or inn? have fun :)
:>

leafnode is infinitely simpler, but it is less fun :)

: I will look into leafnode.  I was going to go with INN just because
: there seems to be a ton of support and HowTos out there for it.

No need to read a ton of HOWTOS. There is a documentation in the inn
distribution which explains clearly and step by step how to install.
It ends up in
/usr/local/share/doc/inn/INSTALL
Follow it and you will succeed. The point that caused trouble to me is the
log files. If they end up in /var/log/news (this is configurable) be sure
to do before any other thing:
mkdir /var/log/news

Then inn will be able to do whatever he likes here and will not be killed
immediately.
I recommend you to use cyclic buffers for the spool and the overview. This
saves a lot of trouble and is fast. Beware on the overview, choose a buffer
of size 30% of the spool size, because if it is too small you will have big
problems. Inn is not fault tolerant on this one. Don't forget to run
news.daily expireover lowmark
from cron or you will get overflow of the buffer.
Finally be aware that su -m news from root allows to become news user easily.

: Totally Jayyness

--

Michel TALON

FreeBSD Newbie Progress Days 10-14

Post by Totally Jayynes » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 01:11:51

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:12:38 +0000 (UTC), Michel TALON

>To grab the news from a news server and post your articles to it, you have to
>use an other auxiliary program (except if you persuade your ISP to add you
>to his newsfeeds). Usually people use suck or newsx for that. I much prefer
>newsx (in the ports).

Ah, sounds like suck or newsx works like an always on newsreader that
bridges the gap between your newsserver and your isps.  I will check
it out.  Hope I can figure out how to get to both Mindsprings and
Cox's and they have overlapping groups... mindspring drops posts A
LOT, especially in the binary groups, so you only end up with useless
partials.

>: I will look into leafnode.  I was going to go with INN just because
>: there seems to be a ton of support and HowTos out there for it.

>No need to read a ton of HOWTOS. There is a documentation in the inn
>distribution which explains clearly and step by step how to install.
>It ends up in
>/usr/local/share/doc/inn/INSTALL
>Follow it and you will succeed. The point that caused trouble to me is the
>log files. If they end up in /var/log/news (this is configurable) be sure
>to do before any other thing:
>mkdir /var/log/news

>Then inn will be able to do whatever he likes here and will not be killed
>immediately.
>I recommend you to use cyclic buffers for the spool and the overview. This
>saves a lot of trouble and is fast. Beware on the overview, choose a buffer
>of size 30% of the spool size, because if it is too small you will have big
>problems. Inn is not fault tolerant on this one. Don't forget to run
>news.daily expireover lowmark
>from cron or you will get overflow of the buffer.
>Finally be aware that su -m news from root allows to become news user easily.

Awesome info, another one for the notebook!!!!
Totally Jayyness

Post by Bill Vermilli » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 01:54:09

>On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:12:38 +0000 (UTC), Michel TALON

>>To grab the news from a news server and post your articles to it,
>>you have to use an other auxiliary program (except if you persuade
>>your ISP to add you to his newsfeeds). Usually people use suck or
>>newsx for that. I much prefer newsx (in the ports).
>Ah, sounds like suck or newsx works like an always on newsreader that
>bridges the gap between your newsserver and your isps.  I will check
>it out.  Hope I can figure out how to get to both Mindsprings and
>Cox's and they have overlapping groups... mindspring drops posts A
>LOT, especially in the binary groups, so you only end up with useless
>partials.

You don't have to sweat over-lapping groups.  Each post has a
unique ID and it is kept in the 'history' file and if the same
article is received from another source it is junked so it never
shows up on your system.

Bill

Post by Totally Jayynes » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:10:13

>Actually you don't have to have a news >feed<.  I just go get the
>news using 'suck'.  They don't even know I get it.  It's somewhat
>analogous to the way a web-browser works when you get news from
>your ISP.   As of now the news is the only thing that I use the
>modem for.  I have DSL and the modem on the same line.  [I am the
>tech for a small niche type ISP - commercial stuff only - and I
>could get a newsfeed from our backbone - but since I'm the only one
>using the news it's just as easy to continue on with the 56K modem
>for that for now.  Since my web/mail/dedicated servers are on
>100MBit NICs on 1Gbit uplinks to the 10Gb backbone you can see I'd
>have no problem getting a feed to a server there and then to me but
>it's not worth the hassle of setting up INN for me].

>The 'suck' is in /usr/ports/news/suck.
>I just fire this off from cron twice and hour.  I have the echo
>statements so I can build a log file that is easily read. [I've
>just munged the name of the ISP I'm using and my server name]

Right, but you are still using your own ISP to 'suck' off of right?
The reason I asked about a feed is because I have a mindspring dialup
account and cox cable for connectoins.  Both require authentication to
get into their news.  And not username/pw authentication... you have
to either:

1. Mindspring - Dial in, authenticate to their network as a valid
account, then they authenticate you to their news. (probably similar
to what you do, but I don't have a modem or an analog phone line I can
use at work where my unix box is).

system with my username and IP and I am not sure if I can access their
news feed from another location other then my home computer (will call
and verify this, though)

So, therefore, I will need either someone who will supply me a feed or
I need to find a newsserver that doesn't require authentication that I
can set up a 'suck' off of.

Totally Jayyness

FreeBSD Newbie Progress Days 10-14

Post by David Hawort » Mon, 03 Dec 2001 09:48:32

Quote:> So, therefore, I will need either someone who will supply me a feed or
> I need to find a newsserver that doesn't require authentication that I
> can set up a 'suck' off of.

you don't want a feed, a feed is for people who maintain a full on
newsserver and are prepared to dedicate a decent amount of bandwidth to it.

also getting a feed tends to cost money as the newsserver you get the feed
from has to know about you explictly and actively attempts to send news to
you, as opposed to a news suck where you come in as just another normal
newsreader.

there are public newsserver's out there, can't remember any off hand but
they do exist, they just need to be found :)

dave

1. FreeBSD Newbie Progress Day 5 (Making Progress)

Ok, I think I am getting somewhere (YEAH).  First of all, I am doing
all of this editing via ssh across a LAN, still pretty proud of myself
on that one :)

First of all, I edited  /usr/home/jay/.cshrc

so that my default editor is now ee and so my prompt tells my what
directory I am in.  Then I edited /.cshrc

So that when I su'd to root, my defualt editor would stay ee and also
that my command prompt stayed the same.  Now that I look at the
'locate cshrc', though, I think I should have edited /root/.cshrc just
for root.  By making changes to /.cshrc did I set some global options
for all future users?  Just verified that is what I did, su'd to root,
then changed /root/.cshrc so the prompt reads ROOT now, so I know when
I am root or not.

Then I was reading through the http://www.vmunix.com/fbsd-book/ (A
Comprehensive Guide to FreeBSD) and trying to follow along as I was
reading.  Opening up the config files and looking at the settings.
Well, when I  opened up /etc/inetd.conf I saw that ftp was commented
out.  Removed the #  and rebooted (have to learn how to start and stop
daemons, still).  After reboot, ran a netstat -Aan and saw that port
21 was listening, tried to ftp to my server... AND I COULD!!!!
WOOT!!!

Bad news is that when i did an ls, it showed me lots of files that I
probably don't want to have access to, or anyone else for that matter,
through ftp.

A few people suggested using chroot, others said use Guest accounts.
Gotta figure out what to do next.  The sttructure I am looking for is
something like this.

/ftp (base directory when someone logs into my ftp
/ftp/music
/ftp/software
/ftp/upload

With other directories under those main directories... but the /ftp
being the root directory of the tree.
Totally Jayynes

2. UID's and GID's for News software?

3. Top 10 posters for the 7 day period ending 2001-10-14.

4. need to extract two bits of information from a file

5. Staroffice 4.0

6. Xarchie didn't compile..:(

7. FreeBSD Newbie Progress Day 2

8. FreeBSD Newbie Progress Day 4

9. FreeBSD Newbie Progress Day 3

10. The REAL Test (FreeBSD Newbie Progress Day 8)

11. Why do UMTS-links provide DNS Server 10.11.12.13 and 10.11.12.14?