Procmail & Popclient

Post by Don O'Nei » Wed, 07 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I'm trying to get procmail up and going on my FBSD box... in the mean time,
I have some questions about popclient...

Does popclient send it's email through sendmail when it gets it's email from
the server (and thus allowing procmail, when configured, to process it
automaticall) or does it do it some other way?

If it does it another way, how do I send the output from popclient through
procmail to be processed?

Thanks!
Don

Procmail & Popclient

Post by Andrzej Fili » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Try "fetchmail".
You may specify your own delivery/forward agent (default: sendmail).

Alternative:
Make procmail to scan your mailbox every 5m for new mail.

> I'm trying to get procmail up and going on my FBSD box... in the mean time,
> I have some questions about popclient...

> Does popclient send it's email through sendmail when it gets it's email from
> the server (and thus allowing procmail, when configured, to process it
> automaticall) or does it do it some other way?

> If it does it another way, how do I send the output from popclient through
> procmail to be processed?

Procmail & Popclient

Post by Andrzej Fili » Thu, 08 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Try "fetchmail".
You may specify your own delivery/forward agent (default: sendmail).

Alternative:
Make procmail to scan your mailbox every 5m for new mail.

> I'm trying to get procmail up and going on my FBSD box... in the mean time,
> I have some questions about popclient...

> Does popclient send it's email through sendmail when it gets it's email from
> the server (and thus allowing procmail, when configured, to process it
> automaticall) or does it do it some other way?

> If it does it another way, how do I send the output from popclient through
> procmail to be processed?

1. Procmail & Popclient problem

Hi,

When I get mail with popclient adn start the procmailscript all mail
goes to Inbox and comes from "Popmail". I have this in my .procmailrc:

:0
* ^Sender.*owner-isdn4linux
ISDN_List                       # will go to $MAILDIR/ISDN List

the syntax is right, isn't it ?
--

   Christophe

Hamburg, Germany

In newsgroups please reply also by email - thanks

2. Solaris 2.4: remote printer can't connect

3. popclient + procmail

4. linking gcc and g++ module problems

5. popclient | procmail

6. Signals and the accept(...) system call

7. HELP: popclient & elm

8. electric eyes ./configure problem

9. problem: xdm & popclient

12. 没有人用中文吗?