Adaptec SCSI 2940W problem

Post by JoongSub Le » Mon, 05 May 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

 I use FreeBSD-2.2.1R and Adaptec 2940W controller. Probably you know,
I repeatedly crashed. I read same problem in newsgroup but can't find
out solution. Does anoyone give me solution?
Any help is much appreciated.

--

                                From Seoul,
                                   Seob

Adaptec SCSI 2940W problem

Post by Andreas Kle » Mon, 05 May 1997 04:00:00

[Posted and mailed]

Quote:> Hello,

>  I use FreeBSD-2.2.1R and Adaptec 2940W controller. Probably you know,
> I repeatedly crashed. I read same problem in newsgroup but can't find
> out solution. Does anoyone give me solution?
> Any help is much appreciated.

Update your FreeBSD 2.2.1 operating system via cvsup (at least the
kernel sources), to get FreeBSD 2.2-stable's kernel with the last
ahc driver fixes and rebuild a new kernel. Read the FreeBSD handbook
in /usr/share/doc/handbook for the*details.

With the newest ahc driver the problems will go away.

        Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm | klemm.gtn.com - powered by
                    Symmetric MultiProcessor FreeBSD

1. What is the Status of the Adaptec 2940W SCSI-3 support?

I freed up some funds and I'm going to purchase another Linux machine.
I freed up a lot of funds so I want to get the best.

I've seen a couple of adds for what I think are really good systems but
they use the Adaptec 2940W fast, WIDE SCSI-3 controller and I was wondering
what the status of the device drivers are for this machine under Linux.

Could the people in the know please forward any information they have on
this.

Thank you,

- Jeff Wiegley

2. Adax x25

3. Does Linux support the Adaptec 2940W SCSI controller (wide)

4. Newbie Question - install of Solaris 8 on an Axil 320

5. Need Help comfiguring support for Adaptec 2940W SCSI card

6. seek perl or ksh script to change current directory

7. Adaptec 2940W unrecognized scsi devs

8. cant boot without cdrom

9. lilo, NT 4.0, Adaptec 2940W, & WD 4G SCSI

10. Linux & Wide-SCSI-Adaptec 2940w?

11. looking for LINUX driver for ADAPTEC WIDE SCSI-II 2940W

12. Adaptec 2940W/fdisk problems

13. Adaptec 2940W, fdisk problem