dumb bootrecord

Post by Thomas Nebe » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:31:05

Hi

I've installed FreeBSD on my Computer, but I've installed it on the
secondary master
disk, and on the primary master, windows 2000 ist installed. Now i cannot
reach my
FreeBSD because windows 2000 can only be loaded from the windows 2000 boot
manager. But I have the possibility to dump the bootrecord of the second
disk and
give it as file as argument to the boot loader.

But How can i generate a dump of the boot record with windows? Is there a
free
programm that can make it?

Thomas

dumb bootrecord

Post by Andrey Simonenk » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 17:30:11

You can use Uniload (http://www.simon.org.ua/uniload/)
You can install it on a floppy disk and boot your PC from
floppy. I suppose that it should work.

ps: please use DOS version of Uniload's installation, because
Unix version of Uniload's istallation can't be built on new systems.

Quote:> Hi

> I've installed FreeBSD on my Computer, but I've installed it on the
> secondary master
> disk, and on the primary master, windows 2000 ist installed. Now i cannot
> reach my
> FreeBSD because windows 2000 can only be loaded from the windows 2000 boot
> manager. But I have the possibility to dump the bootrecord of the second
> disk and
> give it as file as argument to the boot loader.

> But How can i generate a dump of the boot record with windows? Is there a
> free
> programm that can make it?

> Thomas

dumb bootrecord

Post by Thomas Nebe » Mon, 11 Jun 2001 03:31:53

I have started my BSD with uniload and so i could make my
mbr dump with dd.

thank you

Thomas

1. dumb da dumb dumb newbie prob.

rh7 running apache2 on cable modem service w/o domain name yet. Finally got
users /home/*/public_html/ working.

However, if http://111.111.111.111/~user/ is sent, the user's public_html
index page is served. but if I drop off the tailing / as in /~user only, no
luck.

I am certain this is a simple one and all I need to do is edit httpd.conf
to accept BOTH.

So, which line & where?

all insults accepted if you include the fix.

Thanks!

2. Help with First Setup

3. DOOM DOOM DOOM DUMB DUMB DUMB!

4. Problems with 'workman'

5. bootinfo -p and /usr/include/sys/bootrecord.h

6. Eunuchs at MS

7. Boot Manager or Virus in BootRecord ?

8. IP broadcast between two networks

9. bootinfo - bootrecord.h

10. Connecting dumb VT220 dumb terminals to host over Frame Relay

11. dumb dumb question

12. Dumb terminal's not dumb enough!

13. Dumb Terminals or Dumb User ?