Help configuring USB ethernet device

Post by Angel » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I installed FreeBSD current (1.59 I think)  and I'm trying to configure a
Linksys 10bt USB ethernet device. I build a new kernel and it sees
the hub and ethernet device but ifconfig does not recognize kue0 as
a valid device. Is there some /etc/usbd.conf magic I'm missing?

Thanks,

Angel

Post by annel.. » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I installed FreeBSD current (1.59 I think)  and I'm trying to configure a
> Linksys 10bt USB ethernet device. I build a new kernel and it sees
> the hub and ethernet device but ifconfig does not recognize kue0 as
> a valid device. Is there some /etc/usbd.conf magic I'm missing?
> Thanks,
> Angel

The device in -current (at least as of Jan 29, which is the latest
I've built) is just kue, not kue0.  Watch the error messages when
you config your kernel file, and look at LINT for the latest right
stuff.  I don't think you need to do anything to usbd.conf, but it
needs to be there.

Annelise

1. Ethernet to USB gateway? (not USB to Ethernet)

Hello Readers,

There are many Ethernet adapters for the USB on the marktet. But I am
looking for an Ethernet to USB gateway - I haven`t found one yet.

I have an embedded PC with ethernet (10 MBit/s) and want to connect USB
devices to it. Is there any solution?

I know, that there are printer servers with USB available now, but could
they be used to connect other USB devices, too?

Maybe somebody can help...

Greetings
Ernst

2. uesensor command

3. USB device has no driver in /proc/bus/usb/devices

4. TI gas gauge driver

5. SuSE on Mac/Help with configuring Laserprinter, USB ports and USB mouse

6. Complete support PC-9800 for 2.5.64-ac4 (5/11) kanji

7. pcap HELP: device: /dev/bpf0: Device not configured

8. Solaris and SAN, is it supported?

9. Is it possible to configure a USB ethernet adapter in linux 7.2

10. Configuring a USB to ethernet adapter

11. How to configure external USB ISDN device?

12. ifconfig and USB ethernet hotplug device

13. irq conflicts between devices (ethernet card / usb)