Ports Problems

Post by Rishikes » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I run 3.1 release. I deleted the "Mk" directory of ports.
I had configured (stupidly) several things to happen in my home directory
I have since downloaded the Mk directory back. But now I get this
error message all the time

"Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk. You need a fresh
make world or an upgrade kit. Please go to http://www.freebsd.org/ports/
or a mirror site and follow the instructions."

Can someone tell me how to repair this problem.

Rishi

Ports Problems

Post by David Stanaw » Tue, 01 Jun 1999 04:00:00

>I run 3.1 release. I deleted the "Mk" directory of ports.
>I had configured (stupidly) several things to happen in my home directory
>I have since downloaded the Mk directory back. But now I get this
>error message all the time

>"Your system is too old to use this bsd.port.mk. You need a fresh
>make world or an upgrade kit. Please go to http://www.freebsd.org/ports/
>or a mirror site and follow the instructions."

Look at the docs for cvsup in the Handbook and modify the sample
cvsup config files to point to your cvs mirror and possible a few
other mods.

David Stanaway