FreeBSD cdr-rom

Post by Thomas Linda » Wed, 23 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I'm gonna make a FreeBSD 2.2.1 cd-rom, and I want to some info about
what to be considered before I burn it.

BTW, I know the disk format should be Rock Ridge and I have an "old"
(2.1) FreeBSD cd-rom I can use as a template to guide me to were all
directories go on the disk.

Thanks in advance

//Thomas

FreeBSD cdr-rom

Post by Brian Some » Fri, 25 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm gonna make a FreeBSD 2.2.1 cd-rom, and I want to some info about
> what to be considered before I burn it.

> BTW, I know the disk format should be Rock Ridge and I have an "old"
> (2.1) FreeBSD cd-rom I can use as a template to guide me to were all
> directories go on the disk.

Your best be is to cut it the way Jordan does.  Have a look at
/usr/src/release/Makefile, then at mkisofs (-r I think).

Quote:> Thanks in advance

--

      <http://www.awfulhak.org>

1. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

Has anyone had success with the alpha CDR-260 driver on sunsite?  I
tried patching and compiling on both 1.0.9 and 1.1.18 sources
(slackware) and while both patched and compiled, neither could accesss
the CD.  I tried a cat /dev/idecd (which I created according to the
insructions) and it gave me an I/O error.

If anyone has made this work, please mail me.  (Include kernal
version).  I'll summarize if there is interest.

IBM stands for "Inferior But Marketable"

2. Init String & 56K USR Sportster

3. DU8 breaks NEC CDR-260R IDE cd-rom

4. Open multi ttys automatically?

5. Hitachi CDR-7730 CD-ROM Drive: Problem with tar

6. what might these connection attempts be?

7. CR-ROM Changer NEC CDR-251

8. can multiple processes read the same descriptor

9. NEC CD-ROM Reader Model#CDR-37 parallel-SCSI

10. CDR-38 NEc CD rom Reader?

11. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM

12. Hitachi CDR-1700S Cd-Rom

13. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM - Compatibility with Linux