Odd mouse problem Rel 4.4, Xfree-4 port.

Odd mouse problem Rel 4.4, Xfree-4 port.

Post by Marco van de Voo » Mon, 24 Sep 2001 06:10:27

I reinstalled cleanly a 4.4 installation without X, and then directly (as
first package) x11/XFree86-4

The compilation, install and walk through XF86config was no problem, so I
started it up. (Diamond Viper 770, which is a Nvidia TNT2)

Problem: My simple M$ serial mouse doesn't behave properly, it is impossible
to select a window half the size of the screen. It seems random, and not
just _really_ fast.

Anybody recognizes this? I never had this problem with 4.2 (but then it was
still  XFree 4.0 IIRC)

Odd mouse problem Rel 4.4, Xfree-4 port.

Post by Greg Panul » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:30:08

Maybe check the Pointer section in your XF86Config file.  Try changing the
Protocol to Auto.

Just my blind guess,
  Greg

Quote:

> I reinstalled cleanly a 4.4 installation without X, and then directly (as
> first package) x11/XFree86-4

> The compilation, install and walk through XF86config was no problem, so I
> started it up. (Diamond Viper 770, which is a Nvidia TNT2)

> Problem: My simple M$ serial mouse doesn't behave properly, it is impossible
> to select a window half the size of the screen. It seems random, and not
> just _really_ fast.

> Anybody recognizes this? I never had this problem with 4.2 (but then it was
> still  XFree 4.0 IIRC)

1. 4.2_REL -> 4.4 REL = compile problems

    I downloaded the  4.4 Release sources last night via CVSup in an attempt
to upgrade from 4.2 Release. Everything seems to have gone well, except when
I try to make buildworld, I end up with a mess of "implicitly defined
function" warnings, and the compile stops with an Error Code 1. "arg2 of
'in_ltms' makes pointer from integer without a cast." This is fro the
/lib/libutil/login_times.c function.

    What's the deal? I grabbed all of the source and all of the ports......

2. XF86R6 with Genoa 7400 and Sony CPD1404E

3. Install 4.4 FBSD doesn't see mouse via Apex 4 port switch box

4. Linux good choice for home desktop.

5. 4.4-REL Install Fails: SCSI scan after pcic2

6. Unsanctioned Linux in the Workplace?

7. FreeBSD 4.4 Rel + KDE 2.2 Help

8. pppd -demand. Is it better than running diald?

9. mouse problem 4.4 RC1

10. Mozilla Port Problem on FBSD 4.4

11. 4.4 ports install problem (green question?)

12. OpenSSH 3.4_2 port difference between 4.5-REL and 4.6-REL

13. FreeBSD 4.4 and XFree 3.3.6