how to use lex&yacc?

Post by Ilya Varlashk » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello

Is there tutorial on using lex/flex and yacc/bison? man pages and gnu info
quite complex and relatively hard for get started.

Thanks in advance!

--
Ilya Varlashkin

how to use lex&yacc?

Post by Jon C. Snade » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Hello

> Is there tutorial on using lex/flex and yacc/bison? man pages and gnu info
> quite complex and relatively hard for get started.

> Thanks in advance!

> --
> Ilya Varlashkin

The book _lex and yacc_ by Levine, Mason, and Brown has a good
introduction. It's available from O'Reilly & Associates (ISBN
1-56592-000-7).

MKS has a DOS based lex/yacc product, and the manual that comes with
that is excellent.  I don't know if it's still available, but if you can
get your hands on the manual it will help get you started.

Finally, the 4.4BSD Programmer's Supplementary Documents (also available
from O'Reilly) have introductions to lex and yacc.  The orginal papers
are available at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/7thEdMan/index.html, but are
in troff source, so you will have to run them through groff.