login_getclass ??

Post by pcli » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Everytime someone invokes a telnet login session, the console gets an error.
This error is:

inetd[some number]: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

Can anyone tell me what this is and how I get rid of it?

Thanks.

login_getclass ??

Post by Brian Some » Sat, 18 Oct 1997 04:00:00

:
: Everytime someone invokes a telnet login session, the console gets an error.
: This error is:
:
: inetd[some number]: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'
:
: Can anyone tell me what this is and how I get rid of it?

Yep, just about anyone that reads this group or any of the
FreeBSD mailing lists can tell you.

Of course IMO, nobody should actually mention this any more.
If you were *really* interested in finding out, you'd do
a search for getclass on Deja News or on freebsd-questions
(click SEARCH at www.freebsd.org).

: Thanks.

--

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>

login_getclass ??

Post by Sam. » Sun, 19 Oct 1997 04:00:00

> Everytime someone invokes a telnet login session, the console gets an error.
> This error is:

> inetd[some number]: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

> Can anyone tell me what this is and how I get rid of it?

> Thanks.

you need to add your /etc/aliasas file or add root to it