Support for ATI 3D Rage LT PRO PCI (LT-AU2U2)

Support for ATI 3D Rage LT PRO PCI (LT-AU2U2)

Post by Steven Mugeridg » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

        I have just installed FreeBSD Unix on my HP Omnibook 7100
laptop.
Compatibility with the hardware has been good so far, but I have having
problems getting the video config right. Has anyone got this combination
working? The video chip is as in the Subject field.

        Has anyone got FreeBSD Unix to "talk" Multitech MT56ZLXI PCMCIA 56K
modem? Any advice welcome

TIA

Steve M

Post by Michel Talo » Wed, 08 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> Hello,
>         I have just installed FreeBSD Unix on my HP Omnibook 7100
> laptop.
> Compatibility with the hardware has been good so far, but I have having
> problems getting the video config right. Has anyone got this combination
> working? The video chip is as in the Subject field.
>    Has anyone got FreeBSD Unix to "talk" Multitech MT56ZLXI PCMCIA 56K
> modem? Any advice welcome
> TIA
> Steve M

people have used for these cards, i am sure it works, perhaps with XFree 4.*

--
Michel Talon

Support for ATI 3D Rage LT PRO PCI (LT-AU2U2)

Post by z0ck » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Good luck on the video.  I tried 4.1.1 on a couple of workstations with 3d
Rage Pro Turbo cards.  Despite the fact that theres a profile for that card,
I couldn't get them running (at least not X).  I ended up swapping in a pair
of TNT2 Ultra's.

z0ck

Quote:> Hello,

>         I have just installed FreeBSD Unix on my HP Omnibook 7100
> laptop.
> Compatibility with the hardware has been good so far, but I have having
> problems getting the video config right. Has anyone got this combination
> working? The video chip is as in the Subject field.

> Has anyone got FreeBSD Unix to "talk" Multitech MT56ZLXI PCMCIA 56K
> modem? Any advice welcome

> TIA

> Steve M

Support for ATI 3D Rage LT PRO PCI (LT-AU2U2)

Post by Steven Mugeridg » Thu, 09 Nov 2000 04:00:00

Thanks for the info on this - what problems did you encounter with X and
this display device - I have failed to get a synchronized raster as yet.

Steven M

> Good luck on the video.  I tried 4.1.1 on a couple of workstations with 3d
> Rage Pro Turbo cards.  Despite the fact that theres a profile for that card,
> I couldn't get them running (at least not X).  I ended up swapping in a pair
> of TNT2 Ultra's.

> z0ck

> > Hello,

> >         I have just installed FreeBSD Unix on my HP Omnibook 7100
> > laptop.
> > Compatibility with the hardware has been good so far, but I have having
> > problems getting the video config right. Has anyone got this combination
> > working? The video chip is as in the Subject field.

> > Has anyone got FreeBSD Unix to "talk" Multitech MT56ZLXI PCMCIA 56K
> > modem? Any advice welcome

> > TIA

> > Steve M

1. <<<<<soundconfig problem <<<<<<<

hi,
I have a PC100 m747 mainboard
with onboard SIS AGP 6326 8meg videocard
with onboard Sound 3d with sounblaster 16 and WSS support

my SIS videocard works fine
i have problems to configure the soundcard
it claims to be soundblaster compatible , but installing a
'sounblaster 16' , 'soundblaster pro' 'WSS' 'MAD16' has no effect
just "modprobe: devive is busy or not found"

--
Microsoft, just the product of a society
     that's lost it's good manners

--
Microsoft, just the product of a society
     that's lost it's good manners

--
Microsoft, just the product of a society
     that's lost it's good manners

2. E-Term and Gnome

3. I need a example of X .twmrc file PLEASE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

4. KSnuffle-0.6 released

5. HP Omnibook 7100 (ATI Rage LT Pro 3D) support?

6. login(1) how exactly dos it work?

7. SOLARIS 2.3 NOT getting the NAMESERVER <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

8. help with csh security

9. Script for makeing whole bunch of account of sol. 2.3 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

11. How can grep the 8th of Field <<<<<<<<

12. How can I trap a user in script <-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-

13. << Help with ATI Graphics Ultra Pro and NEC 3D >>