qmail installation problem, msgs stuck in queue, help!

qmail installation problem, msgs stuck in queue, help!

Post by Steve Vertig » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I was able to install qmail on my FreeBSD  2.2.2-RELEASE (ancient!)
>box. When I tried to do the qmail-inject tests, the messages
>essentially get stuck in the queue (incidentally, the ones
>addresses to other, non-local domains get delivered slowly,
>yet the message still appears in queue).

Totally half-assed guess here but I wonder if your queue has been corrupted?
You can type "make setup" again to rebuild your queue, which has solved
similiar problems for me in the past with slow delivery.

>The maillog file shows the message but I never see the word
>"delivered" as shown below ( only see the first 3 lines of the next 5,
>never see delivery #: success and end msg # lines):

>            qmail: new msg 53

>            qmail: delivery 1: success: did_1+0+0/
>            qmail: end msg 53

That all looks ok.  Are you sure mail isn't being delivered to a different
place than where you expect?  For instance you (or your pop3 daemon) may be
looking for /var/spool/mail/me when the mail is being delivered to
~me/Mailbox or ~me/Maildir/.  The default place for qmail to deliver mail is
in the file Mailbox in the users home directory.  Sorry if these are obvious
questions but ya gotta rule out the obvious ya know. :)

--Steve

--

Lockheed Martin Energy Research  Oak Ridge National Lab   Workstation Support
Gonna party like it's nine* ninety ten...

1. messages stuck in qmail-queue :-(

Hi all,

I have a lot of mails got stuck in qmail's queue since the last newsletter
sending 2 days ago.
qmailctl stat
/service/qmail-send: up (pid 401) 1409664 seconds
/service/qmail-send/log: up (pid 404) 1409664 seconds
/service/qmail-smtpd: up (pid 408) 1409663 seconds
/service/qmail-smtpd/log: up (pid 403) 1409664 seconds
messages in queue: 1179
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0

In /var/log/qmail/qmail-send/current file, most of the mails are defered
because fo these reasons:
deferral: Sorry,_I_wasn't_able_to_establish_an_SMTP_connection.
deferral:  Sorry,_I_couldn't_find_any_host_by_that_name.

But if I send an email to myself on the server, I receive it immediately.
I'm new to qmail so I have no idea what cause this and how can I get the
message in the queue delivered correctly.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

2. Csound for PC/Windows?

3. Ethernet card found during installation but I see error msgs on console (server installation)

4. terminal dead, all else o.k.

5. Help! Mail stuck in Queue.

6. help w/ permissions & X display to console

7. IDEA: Windows 95 Window Manager

8. HP 690C printing problem (files get stuck on queue)

9. Driver: Adding msgs to a queue.

10. Q: Msgs queued, but not delivered.

11. qmail help: how do i use qmail-pw2u????