How to send a byte to parrallel port.

Post by J. Kenne » Sat, 30 Sep 2000 04:00:00

Good evening,

I need to know a way to send a single byte at a time to a parrallel port?
I have a relay board with 8 relays that responds to a single byte to throw
the individual relays?  Has anyone tried this, any recommendations on
programs.  In the end I would like to be able to do something like

unixprompt% program 0x54

where it would send the byte represented by the hex value of 0x54, any
ideas?

Thanks,

J Kenney

Post by pe.. » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> Good evening,

the device 'ppi' is done for this purpose.

Quote:> I need to know a way to send a single byte at a time to a parrallel port?

--
Peter H?kanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)

Post by Justin Murdoc » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

JK> Good evening,

JK> I need to know a way to send a single byte at a time to a
JK> parrallel port?  I have a relay board with 8 relays that responds
JK> to a single byte to throw the individual relays?  Has anyone tried
JK> this, any recommendations on programs.  In the end I would like to
JK> be able to do something like

JK> unixprompt% program 0x54

JK> where it would send the byte represented by the hex value of 0x54,
JK> any ideas?

bash allows
$ echo -n $'\x54' > /dev/lpt1