1. Advice on Triton 2 MBs; SuperMicro vs Asus vs TYAN; Dual Processor?
In the next weeks I will be spending upwards to 1500 bucks on a new
motherboard, CPU and 32 meg of RAM. I need some advice.
TYAN, SuperMicro, and Asus all have Triton 2 Sync PB cache
motherboards ranging in price from 200 to 300 bucks.
At least two companies, TYAN and Asus, have dual processor Triton 2s
(Tomcat 2 1562D, and P55T2P4D).
I want the best performance (e.g. throughput), future expandability
(max. cache/mem), and compability (SMP standards). All three MBs have
#7 sockets, will support 200mhz pentiums or cyrix 166+ chips, 512MB of
ram and 512k cache, PB, etc.
As far as I can tell there is little to distinguish these
motherboards. I'm not aware of any benchmarks which is frustrating. I
want quality since I'm likely to keep this new mb for 5 years or so.
o Which one should I get?
o Am I considering the right models (SuperMicro P55-T2S, Asus P55T2P4,
o Dare I even think about getting a dual processor version of these
I like the idea of spending an extra 50 bucks on an MB so that I can
plug another pentium into it a couple of years down the road. Do I
pay a single processor performance penalty by using a dual processor
board with only one CPU? The dual and single tomcats don't "look"
It goes without saying that I want linux to work well with whatever
motherboard I purchase. Will Linux work with SMP tyan or asus boards?
I'd appreciate any advice, input, opinions.
I'm planning on getting a 166. I hear 200 introduction this year will
cause 166 prices to go down. Any advice?
2. 2.x x86 CDE Numlock status
3. parallel port printer and parallel port superdisk
4. DVD-RAM system hang
5. Multiple parallel ports/IRQ sharing/non-use of IRQ by parallel ports?
6. stty ??? (von Linux auf HP700
7. Defective RZ1000 chip sign-up list (Defective Motherboard)
8. talkd/ntalkd/talkd.h on solaris1
9. what in /dev is the parallel port on a serial/parallel add-on?
10. Parallel to SCSI / Parallel Port Drivers
11. Parallel to SCSI Drivers / Parallel Port Drivers
12. Matrox Mystique ands X.
13. Parallel port programming (was Game port programming)