svga driver

Post by Ashley Robinso » Tue, 18 Feb 2003 07:41:14

hi newsgroup

this group here is my last hope. i have a dell dimension L1000r with a
pretty spooky graphic card.

dmesg says:
agp0: <Intel 82810E (i810E GMCH) SVGA controller> mem
0xffa80000-0xffafffff,0xf8000000-0xfbffffff irq 11 at device 1.0 on pci0

i was downloading the linux driver from intel. its the: XFCom_i810 and i
can still get a 640x480 resolution (see my XF86Config at the end of this
post).

then i was starting booting from a knoppix cd and i got a 1024x768
resolution. i checked in the XF86Coinfig. It took the svga driver.
unfortunately i couldn't find an svga driver for freebsd.

has anyone of you the same hardware? could anyone give me a hint in the
right direction?

thanks in advance
ash

here the relevant part of my XF86Config:

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver      "i810"
        VendorName  "Intel"
        BoardName   "i810e"
        BusID       "PCI:0:1:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Card0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth      24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     1
                Modes "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     4
                Modes "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     8
                Modes "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     15
                Modes "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     16
                Modes "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes "1024x768"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

svga driver

Post by Lowell Gilber » Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:42:31

> i was downloading the linux driver from intel. its the: XFCom_i810 and i
> can still get a 640x480 resolution (see my XF86Config at the end of this
> post).

> then i was starting booting from a knoppix cd and i got a 1024x768
> resolution. i checked in the XF86Coinfig. It took the svga driver.
> unfortunately i couldn't find an svga driver for freebsd.

The SVGA X server is one of the most commonly used, and is one of the
standard set supported by the XFree86 install (whatever method you
use).  The same applies to an "i810" driver, which I assume is
going to work at least as well for you.

1. Driver for Trident "TVGA 9400CXI" svga driver

Hi, I just recently purchased a Trident TVGA 9400CXI video card
    for my Linux Ver 0.99.14 box. I tried everything I can possibly
    think of to configure card for X Windows. But Mr. X just doesn't
    want to cooperate!. Error message: Trident driver not found (or something
    of that sort)
    Can someone please help me find a driver for my card, or provide some
    hints on how to configure it properly. Please reply by private mail

2. Loss of mouse control in xterm window

3. SVGA driver needed for Microport Unix. HELP.

4. Netscape, Java, and Linux

5. Trident 8900D and SVGA driver

6. Execute a shell program from FTP?

7. Removing extra SVGA drivers?

8. Core dumps on more command

9. SIS 6250 SVGA driver

10. Cirrus Logic CL-DG6420 --- SVGA driver??

11. Installing SVGA driver on SuSE 5.2

12. XFree86 SVGA Driver for Chips&Tech?

13. S3V vs. SVGA driver