1. installing 3.0-rel, SNAP, term, and mwave modem update
Last year I tried installing 2.2.6 (via FTP) and failed.
At that time the IBM Mwave modem was not supported.
Since then I saw a posting suggesting that the Mwave worked
in a version of 3.0 -SNAP(I've found some time to work on
First, my serial port now probes:
sio0 at 0x3f8 - 0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa
( I think this is OK)
Next, I go through the normal stages (novice installation
,Fdisk partition, disklabel editor, ftp install, ppp interface,
and network configuration).
Then alt-f3 to the term screen and get:
working in interactive mode
using interface: tun0
phase: PPP started (interactive mode)
ppp ON rjob > term
phase:deflink:closed -> opening
deflink:entering terminal mode on /dev/cuaa0
type '~?' for help
phase:deflink:opening -> ready
After the above the keyboard is locked out
I appreciate any comments. Thanks,
with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
2. Unix Beep?!
3. 3.0 SNAP ftp install problem
4. Please Help me start on unix
5. sz/rz got CRC errors under Slackware 3.0 w kernel 1.2.13 under
6. Apache for NT
7. Install Error: Boot Disk Gives crc error
8. Linux BIGGEST Problem-Must Read
9. Install Problem - crc error. - HELP!
10. Full install of 2.2-960612-SNAP errors out.
11. 3.0-SNAP --> 3.3 upgrade
12. crc error after install linux
13. boot/install problem; crc error