Programm aus /etc/ttys starten

Post by Rene Schol » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hallo,
wei? jemand wie es mir unter FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE gelingt ein ncurses basiertes
Programm (isdnmonitor) auf einem bestimmten tty zu starten, da? ganze sollte
natrlich aus der /etc/ttys heraus tuen...

Von der console aus klappt das so:
foobar#> /usr/sbin/isdnmonitor -h barfoo -c < /dev/ttyva > /dev/ttyva

Rene

Programm aus /etc/ttys starten

Post by Nospa » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Try it again in English!

Peter

P.S.
I could translate what you just said, but I won't because I find it rather
irritating that you are assuming we know your language. (No I ain't english
speaking, I'm Dutch)

Post by Rene Schol » Thu, 03 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Try it again in English!

Sorry for that, an english translation is on it's way.

Rene

Programm aus /etc/ttys starten

Post by Sven Hazejage » Thu, 03 Aug 2000 04:00:00

First of all, this is newsgroup is not limited to the English language.
Secondly, since you're Dutch, you should know German. Or haven't you been to
school?

Sven

Post by Nospa » Thu, 03 Aug 2000 04:00:00

: Secondly, since you're Dutch, you should know German. Or haven't you been
: school?

I have, and as I said, I know what he said. But anyway, the language he
wrote the message in is not German, quite similar, but not German. But
because I'm in a good mood today, I will try to translate it:

<< Hello,

Does anyone know how I can start a ncurses based program (isdnmonitor) on a
certain tty. I will have to put it somewhere in /etc/ttys I believe...

When I start it from the console, it starts like this:
foobar#> /usr/sbin/isdnmonitor -h barfoo -c < /dev/ttyva > /dev/ttyva >>

Anyway, it will probably be something like this. I don't know the exact
translation (I've quit German after 2 years or something like that...)

Peter

P.S.
I know my english also isn't good...

1. launch a programm via /etc/ttys

again in english

Hello,

does anybody know how to launch a ncurses based programm (isdnmonitor)
on a prearranged tty, it should work via /etc/ttys...

from a console it works fine:
foobar#> /usr/sbin/isdnmonitor -h barfoo -c < /dev/ttyva > /dev/ttyva

Rene

2. wu-2.4.ftp ftpaccess

3. Webmin vom /etc/init.d starten

4. Qtopia on Yopy

5. Background AUs, WAVs, MIDs, etc.

6. ksh - is it worth time

7. Good book on tty, pseudo tty, termio etc ?

8. PostgreSQL tables imported from MS Access

9. tty / pts problem: login, telnet, etc hangs

10. /etc/ttys and Cyclades 8YO ttyC* devices

11. Pcsim, /etc/tty/ttyconf, line disciplines?

12. custom /etc/issue -- pts v tty

13. tty # in /etc/issue