Email SMTP (relaying) authentication...

Post by Dan T » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 02:46:18

        What forms of SMTP (relaying) authentication are supported by Eudora
3.0.5 and Netscape Messenger 4.77 (my two favorite email programs) ?
        I need to set up authentication on my Unix server, which uses
sendmail. I want to keep sendmail, Eudora 3.0.5 and Netscape 4.77. I am
happy to change out the popper if it allows me to implement the needed SMTP
relaying authentication.
        My email server runs FreeBSD.
        Thanks.

Post by Miroslav Zubci » Tue, 26 Jun 2001 04:40:18

> What forms of SMTP (relaying) authentication are supported by Eudora
> 3.0.5 and Netscape Messenger 4.77 (my two favorite email programs) ?

Eudora - plain an CRAM-MD5 (better) but this has nothing with relaying
relay mus be defined on server side.

Quote:> I need to set up authentication on my Unix server, which uses
> sendmail. I want to keep sendmail, Eudora 3.0.5 and Netscape 4.77. I am
> happy to change out the popper if it allows me to implement the needed SMTP
> relaying authentication.

Useful URLs:

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/auth.html
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/cyrus/sysadmin.html
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/authrealms.html
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2554.txt

file:///path/to/source/sendmail-8.11.X/cf/README

1. "Relaying denied"? when smtp emails

Hi,
I have a problem to smtp emails: "Relaying denied".  Sendermail says that,
starting from 8.* version, the default is set to deny relaying and
/etc/mail/delay-domain is the file to check. I can not find this file.  My
Linux is Slackware 3.5 and sendmail should be version 8.9.
Could you please point me to the file.
Thanks,
Xin

2. Linux on Sun 3/60??

3. POP Authentication to prevent email relaying

4. GNU Smalltalk-1.1.1 port

5. How to enable SMTP socket to send email to other email system

6. Which Linux?

7. ISP's smtp refuses to relay (553)

8. NFS statd fails...

9. How to set redhat linux smtp relay?