Can FreeBSD use a linux ypserver ?

Post by Jon Schneide » Fri, 13 Oct 2000 04:00:00

As the subject says.

I'd like my (currently only one) lightweight FreeBSD workstation to be
available to the many people who already have accounts on an
established linux server. The latter has ypserv going but there only
the standard "passwd.byname" map.

The FreeBSD passwd manual page kind of mentions this subject, says
that FreeBSD does things to make it easier but does not clearly say
whether it is possible to do what I'm after. Is it ? Do I need to make
extra maps ?

        Jon

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. fastet way to change ...

3. FreeBSD 4.0R -> FreeBSD 4.0-stable using ftp?

4. Simple question!

5. It's not bad canned meat...

6. Linux labels are now available on tsx-11

7. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

8. Solaris and Webmin

9. CGI: apache canned response

10. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

11. Canned "ping"

12. Any Canned Class code?

13. PPPD or Tin Cans: Which is Better?