Where can I Buy FreeBSD in Canada???????????

Where can I Buy FreeBSD in Canada???????????

Post by Sean » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I would like to purchase a 4 CD set of FreeBSD version 4.0. I am currently
running on 2.2.7. My old supplier won't carry it any more. None of the
Canadian sites listed under www.cdrom.com - retailers carry it any more i.e.
futureshop and chapters. If someone would be kind enough to point me to a
Canadian reseller I would be grateful. I can't down load it my internet
connection is to slow.

Thanks in advance
Sean

Where can I Buy FreeBSD in Canada???????????

Post by Darren Wieb » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

I live in Alberta.  I find it easy to just order it direct from www.cdrom.com.
I saw the FreeBSD book in Chapters the other day, but I have not found anybody
that has the cd's.  Future Shop is were I first discovered FreeBSD, you could
try them but I doubt that it would do any good.

Darren Wiebe

Post by The Doct » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

>I live in Alberta.  I find it easy to just order it direct from www.cdrom.com.
>I saw the FreeBSD book in Chapters the other day, but I have not found anybody
>that has the cd's.  Future Shop is were I first discovered FreeBSD, you could
>try them but I doubt that it would do any good.

>Darren Wiebe

In Emdonton, ALWAYS check up the Computer Book Source.

--
God Queen and Country                           Member - Liberal International

Society MUST be saved! Republics must dissolve.
HEy Hey USA - call for a referendum to dissolve your nation and dissolve

try at www.camelot.ca
I know they have it
Akhar

> I would like to purchase a 4 CD set of FreeBSD version 4.0. I am currently
> running on 2.2.7. My old supplier won't carry it any more. None of the
> Canadian sites listed under www.cdrom.com - retailers carry it any more
i.e.
> futureshop and chapters. If someone would be kind enough to point me to a
> Canadian reseller I would be grateful. I can't down load it my internet
> connection is to slow.

> Thanks in advance
> Sean

Where can I Buy FreeBSD in Canada???????????

Post by Barry Hemphil » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I would like to purchase a 4 CD set of FreeBSD version 4.0.
> If someone would be kind enough to point me to a
> Canadian reseller I would be grateful.

The last time I checked you could still get it at Waterloo Computer
books in Waterloo - whois suggests you might be just down the road in
London, so you're not too far away. I don't know if they still stock it
normally, but they're great guys (it's nice to buy from the little guys
when you can instead of Chapters) and I'm sure they'd be willing to
order it for you if they don't have one in stock. They also have a store
in Toronto, so maybe they have one in London as well? Anyway, they're at
(519)746-6042.

Hope this helps,

Barry

Barry Hemphill                http://drstrangeweb.com

Expert programming in Perl/CGI/DBI

The typical Nintendo game involves controlling a little man running
around a maze while numerous powerful and inexplicably hostile forces
try to destroy him. In other words, it's exactly like real life.
      -- Dave Barry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Where can I Buy FreeBSD in Canada???????????

Post by Chad E. Cowa » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

     Why so anxious to buy it from a Canadian retail firm?

    Chad

> I would like to purchase a 4 CD set of FreeBSD version 4.0. I am currently
> running on 2.2.7. My old supplier won't carry it any more. None of the
> Canadian sites listed under www.cdrom.com - retailers carry it any more
i.e.
> futureshop and chapters. If someone would be kind enough to point me to a
> Canadian reseller I would be grateful. I can't down load it my internet
> connection is to slow.

> Thanks in advance
> Sean

Where can I Buy FreeBSD in Canada???????????

Post by Dan McGrego » Sun, 04 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Where in Canada? It's a bbbiiiiiiiiggggg country.  Try your local
University's bookstore.  They should have it and if not, be able to order
it.

#1. Save the custom fee bullshit
#2. Exchange rate
#3. We live in Canada