Major help... Cyrus IMAP with Plain SASL modules not authenticating

Major help... Cyrus IMAP with Plain SASL modules not authenticating

Post by Anil Jangit » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Why is it doing this? I tried using -m login with imtest and it doesn't
either... NO passwords work.

Also, I tried using sasldb for mech but I get:
May  4 15:17:30 neptune saslpasswd: unable to dlopen
/usr/lib/sasl/libdigestmd5.so: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.1: Undefined
symbol "ERR_load_RSAREF_strings"
in /var/log/messages.

That symbol IS in /usr/local/lib/libcrypto* and I have it already
loaded via ldconfig.

neptune# pwd
/usr/local/lib/sasl
neptune# ls
libanonymous.la         libcrammd5.so           libdigestmd5.so.0
libanonymous.so         libcrammd5.so.1         libplain.la
libanonymous.so.1       libdigestmd5.la         libplain.so
libcrammd5.la           libdigestmd5.so         libplain.so.1

Any hints will be helpfull, I need this server up ASAP :/

Thanks

#imtest -u aj -v neptune
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * OK neptune Cyrus IMAP4 v1.6.22 server ready
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
X-NON-HIERARCHICAL-RENAME NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT X-NETSCAPE
S: C01 OK Completed
Authentication failed. no mechanism available   <-???????????????
Security strength factor: 0
. logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
. OK Completed
Connection closed.

neptune# cat /etc/imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: root
srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
sasl_pwcheck_method: pam

neptune# grep imap /etc/pam.conf
imap    auth    required        pam_unix.so
try_first_pass
neptune# uname -a
FreeBSD neptune 3.4-STABLE FreeBSD 3.4-STABLE #1: Sat Apr 22 00:24:54

1. solaris 9 / cyrus imap sasl compile problems

Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone has been able to successfully get cyrus imap
running under solaris 9. I'm having a whole lot of trouble getting
this to compile.. each step closer I get, it fails on something new. I
have the latest cyrus imap, sasl, openssl and berkeleydb installed. I
want to use cyrus sasl for authentication. Cyrus sasl did compile and
install, but I'm not convinced I did a successful job of it.

I apologize for not posting specific errors. This is driving me crazy
and I need to get some fresh air. I'm hoping that if someone HAS has
success with this, they will please email me directly and hopefully
lend a helping hand.

Thanks for your time and any support!

Reece

2. Linux cant run on HP Vectra 1GHz ?

3. Cyrus IMAP 1.6.10 + SASL

4. Dos emulator 6.04

5. Cyrus SASL will not compile on Solaris 8

6. I Trashed My Mac!

7. cyrus-sasl installation help

8. Q:Using arrow keys in vi

9. postfix + cyrus IMAP: central sent-mail folder on IMAP server

10. Problems with Heimdal, OpenLDAP, Cyrus SASL, GSSAPI, and Active Directory

11. cyrus-sasl and ld

12. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

13. Cyrus SASL Compile Error