LXNY Install Fest and Rally for theBazaar Wednesday 16 December 1998 in Brooklyn

LXNY Install Fest and Rally for theBazaar Wednesday 16 December 1998 in Brooklyn

Post by secret.. » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

This meeting of LXNY, New York's Free Software Organization, is free and
open to the public.

LXNY will hold an Install Fest on Wednesday, 16 December 1998, starting at
6:00 pm, at

PASA:  Positive Attitudes Solutions and Actions
57 Front Street, 4th Floor West
Brooklyn, NY  11201

which is near the Brooklyn end of the Brooklyn Bridge, and easy to get to
by both subway and car.  See below.

Kathy Dee Zasloff and Ken Kesslin are the Hosts of this Fest.

We shall install free OSes on their hardware and PASA's hardware.

LXNY thanks PASA for sponsoring this meeting.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

We will also hold a rally for theBazaar, which is the large Free Software
trade show coming to the Javits Convention Center 13-15 March 1999.

Steve * will explain what theBazaar is and how you can help.

Volunteers are needed today.

before the meeting.

http://www.veryComputer.com/

For a map and travel directions to PASA's office go to:

http://www.veryComputer.com/%20Directions.html

Good pizza is available at several shops near the Install Fest site.

If on the day of the Install Fest you become lost please call
718-834-9467.

All free software welcome!  LXNY does not discriminate among free kernels
based upon the first letter of their names.  We shall install as many free
systems on as many machines and on as many different kinds of machines as
possible.  We shall install both Linux kerneled and free *BSD kerneled
systems, and we'd like to see the Hurd and some other free kernels
running, too.

All experienced installers are invited to come and help.

All students of economics, of the history of engineering, and of the art
of propaganda are invited.

The last Install Fest of LXNY took place 9 April 1998.  Since that time
the superiority of free OSes for many purposes has become a commonplace in
the mass media.  Reporters who doubt the superiority of free OSes for the
casual home user are especially welcome at this Install Fest.

If you are an experienced installer please send email to

cause.  Please put the string "Me too!" in the subject line.

If you would like help on your installation please send email to

cause.  Please put the string "Me too!" in the subject line.

But whether you email in advance or not, come.  Late comers are just as
welcome as those who arrive at 6:00 pm.

The Committee for Propaganda of LXNY
LXNY is New York's Free Software Organization.