securelevel & chflags question.

Post by NortonN » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 02:06:47

hi all,

   I read the manpages ofchflags, but i still donot understand
what is the meaning of archived & opaque flags. Can anyone explaint to me?
The manpages of init, securelevel 2 is "same as secure mode,
plus disks may not be opened for writing (except by mount) whether mounted
or not. ".  but i still donot understand it. anyone can help me?

Regards,
jkng

1. chflags question

Hello,

        Anyone know what the purpose of the opaque and nodump flags is?  The
man page is not exactly clear.
--
Daniel Rudy
Reply to dcrudy at aol dot com.

*!*!* DO NOT HIT REPLY *!*!*
ALL EMAIL SENT TO REPLY ADDRESS WILL BE DELETED!

2. Linux The Enigma

3. Securelevel Question

4. Windows Tip #1

6. aha1542 + >1 Gig SCSI problem

8. broken pipe

9. 没有人用中文吗?

10. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

11. prb with chflags

12. chflags not change flags at symlink

13. Upgrading to FBSD3.4: chflags problems?