FTP monitoring

Post by Roby Ro » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 20:04:51

how  can I monitor ftp connections on my server ?

(speed/current transfer status etc.?)

log is poor (double l option in ftpd)

FTP monitoring

Post by Martin Anker » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:48:07

Quote:> how  can I monitor ftp connections on my server ?
> (speed/current transfer status etc.?)
> log is poor (double l option in ftpd)

use pure-ftpd, it has a pure-ftpwho command which displays connections,
files beeing downloaded and the speed.
it's available in /usr/ports/ftp/pure-ftpd/

martinus
:wq!

1. FTP monitoring question

Any info pretaining to the following subject would be most appreciated:

I want to monitor file transfer requests made to or by my UNIX FTP server.
Is there a way to monitor activity on port 21 so I can:

1. Know what system has made the request.

2. Know what the request is, i.e. "send" or "get".

3. Know if the file transferred successfully.

4. If the file transfer was not successful, what was the error.

TIA,

Neil

2. large IDE drive as hdc

3. FTP monitoring

4. can't get KERMIT to work

5. FTP Monitor

6. Please help! Can't get Linux to install via RLL controller

7. web/ftp monitoring program?

8. Using Solaris "dpost" with troff

9. ftp monitoring help

10. is there a way of monitoring ftp downloads live?

11. Monitoring FTP-Accounts: E-MAIL about arrived files ?

12. ?Monitoring ftp usage?

13. How to monitor FTP and Telnet sessions?