Upcoming RAID card Support

Post by jana » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I was wondering if there might be development work being done on drivers for
the DPT Millennium SmartRAID V line of controllers. Thanks --Jim

Upcoming RAID card Support

Post by Blaz Zup » Sun, 15 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>I was wondering if there might be development work being done on drivers for
>the DPT Millennium SmartRAID V line of controllers. Thanks --Jim

Take a look at http://people.freebsd.org/~msmith/RAID/ and you may be positively
surprised.

--
Blaz Zupan,  Medinet d.o.o, Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia

1. Any 8Mg video cards well supported under upcoming 3.3?

I'm in the market to upgrade my video subsystem to match the 21" monitor
I use for my graphics work.

I now use an old Number Nine Imagine 128 (not series 2) card with 4Meg
of video memory but it has a couple of problems:

1) I can't get the higher resolutions and clock rates with it that I can
with a new card, and
2) It won't run at some of the newer, higher PCI bus speeds (for
instance it won't work with a P200 system.

So I want to purchase a newer video card but I'm a little less familiar
with what is available now. The only two 8Meg video cards that I know
will work with linux are the Matrox Millenium and the Number Nine
Imagine 128 (series 2).

questions:

What other 8Meg models are available/recommended?
What are the advantages or disadvantages to any make or model?
Which models are the best supported under XFree 3.2 or 3.2A (3.3),
Metro-X or X-Inside servers? I willing to purchase Metro-X or X-insides
server to get the most from the card.

I'm also interested in 3D performance aspects for games and such but
that would be secondary to the 8Meg and X-windows performance abilities
I use for work.

And now to make this a little more legitemate for the beta list: Why
does it appear under the 3.2A and 3.9 branch that Imagine 128
acceleration support is coming along so slowly?

Thanks for your feedback,

- Jeff Wiegley

2. MySQL failure

3. SMP supported (in upcoming 2.2)?

4. NFS freeware recommendations

5. RAID support for Gateway-supplied RAID controller?

6. rdesktop black box cursor

7. Does Linux support AAA-13x RAID cards (from Adaptec)?

8. Ada & LinuxPPC

9. Raid/SCSI cards supported by SCO?

10. Promise FastTrak IDE Raid Card supported?

11. Adaptec U320 RAID cards supported?

12. Supported RAID cards

13. Ultra160 PCI RAID Card Support i386