sound capture

Post by larche » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 18:46:39

Hi,

I'm implementing a netmeeting like under BSD, my part of job for now is to
implement a microphone sound capture.  That would be very kind if anyone
could rescue me on this problem : when you open /dev/snd (or something else)
what does the data represent ? I'm looking for algorithms or functions which
allows to manipulate sound data, maybe we'll have to compress to mp3. Is it
possible to cut all frequencies under X hertz, do you know algorithms like
that ?

Please.... help !

Tonio

1. Video + sound capture boards, TV tuners

I'm looking for a tv tuner/video capture board.

I'm currently using an ATI TV wonder.  I like the remote pigtail (it has a
conector and a little remote box that has video and sound in, making it
really easy to connect things to it.)

But - the TV tuner sucks.  I can't get any channels at all - and I have
cable...

Also, the sound just loops through to the sound card.  I'd really a mixer
on board the video card - I need the slot on the mobo for other things.

Also, when doing video capture, I end up with very jerky video.  I think
menoder is dropping frames.  I'd really like on-board video compression
that's usable in linux with mencoder....

Too much to ask?

-DOndo

--
What am I on?
I'm on my bike,                         o__

2. Linux/m68k Registration Site

3. Sound Capture and Modification Program?

4. Window95 SETUP HELP

5. java/46151: Sound Capture works only one time

6. XDM sources?

7. First user to login captures sounds, others are SOL

8. Is Kernel Mailing List Alive?

9. First User Captures Sound

10. HRLP : Capturing sound from /dev/dsp

11. mpeg capture from video capture card

12. Capture mpeg from video capture card.

13. Sound: Replace beep with other sound thru pc speaker/sound card?