2.2.8, NFS, FAT 16, Page fault in kernal

2.2.8, NFS, FAT 16, Page fault in kernal

Post by Richard Cale » Tue, 19 Oct 1999 04:00:00

When writing a large file to an nfs mounted filesystem which is
actually a DOS filesystem on a 2.2.8-Release machine I reliably get a
kernal page fault panic.

(the writing machine is v3.1)

Anyone else have experience of this? Work arounds (other than
the obvious copying to a non-DOS filesystem and then copying from there
to the target filesystem, which works fine)?

Mostly I'm looking for reassurace that it is a bug, not a symptem of
underlying problems waiting to surface (eg a corrupt or dodgy disk).

--

                                                 |<

1. 12-bit FAT or 16-bit FAT for Mtools?

I was wondering whether I should be specifying the 12-bit FAT or the
16-bit FAT in my mtools config file to manipulate Windows95 files on
my other partition?  I tried it out in 12-bit and it seemed to work
fine?  Will this screw up anything?  The comment in the mtools config
file implied that there are glitches when using mtools with drives c:
or d:.

Thanks,
Mike

2. How to service-boot an F30?

3. More page outs than page ins?

4. Solaris vs BSD Inetd

5. man-pages-1.16 - manual pages for Linux

6. Adding support for foreign filesystems to Open Server 5

7. Format FAT 16 partitions under Linux

8. Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:02

9. chown and chgrp commands do not work on Jaz and MS-DOS FAT 16

10. longname on fat 16 disk

11. Installing 3.0 from a Win 95 FAT-16 partition...

12. DOS FAT-16

13. problem mounting FAT 16 partitions