Dual Operating systems

Post by Richard J. Dawe » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi!

> Install SCO next. You'll hate it and remove it in a week though. Then
> install FreeBSD with any left over space.

Just curious -- why is SCO so hateful? (Never used it myself.)

Quote:> --
> Q:  Why do ducks have flat feet?
> A:  To stamp out forest fires.

> Q:  Why do elephants have flat feet?
> A:  To stamp out flaming ducks.

As a child, I remember having a book of elephant jokes.  One was a set
of
4 or 5 joke-lets, ending up like yours, only referring to 'pygmies'
rather
than 'ducks'. (Not as politically correct, I gather.)  Any knowledge of
that
expanded set?  I lost the book (lent it to another kid) and for many
years
have tried to remember the leading jokelets.  Maybe I'll post to a jokes
group.  Thanks!

1. Setup of a dual operating system

I'm trying to load both Windows 95 and Linux Red Hat 5.1 onto my
computer so that I can interchange between both when need be. In the
setup of Linux I partition my hard disk for Linux without any problems.
But If I try to add a Dos partition. It won't allow me to continue. I
think it has smething to do with the mount point. I mount the Linux
partitions where they are supposed to be. I'm not sure where to put the
dos partition. Linux tells me I should enter a mount point for the Dos
partition. but I'm not sure what to call it. Only Linux partitions can
use / and all mount points have to start with /. Please help me with
this. I'd prefer by mail.

Thanks

2. Can I use my Conexant 10/100 ethernet card?

3. Real operating systems, toy operating systems

4. VIC with bt848 support

5. newbie question about NIS

6. Help ! using NT loader & boot.ini for dual Operating System (Linux RH7.3 and Win2K)

7. programs shut down question

8. Dual CPUs, Two Operating Systems

9. Detecting remote systems operating system

10. Solid Unix Operating System to learn System Administrator principles

11. Does any Know How To FTP between a Unix system and a Non Unix operating system.

12. System V Release 4.1 Operating System Education