Paging on system events...

Post by Tim Mattis » Mon, 20 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I was wondering if anyone has their FreeBSD page them when certain system
events occur.  I have a pager that can recieve pages sent from the web (via
submitting a form to PageNet's web server).  I would like to be able to page
myself with custom messages when the system comes back up after a reboot,
certain programs core dump (I'd also like to restart them), and when I get
e-mail containing a "keyword" in the title.

If anyone has done it, please help me out.

Thanks,
Tim Mattison

Paging on system events...

Post by Seth Bromberg » Tue, 21 Oct 1997 04:00:00

If you have a Pagenet PIN and your Alpha Terminal Modem number (off

There are instructions there on how to do it.

Look into procmail if you need to be alerted when keywords are in the
subject.

--
Seth Bromberger
DISCLAIMER:  Nothing in this message is intended to represent an official

Paging on system events...

Post by Tim Mattis » Wed, 22 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>If you have a Pagenet PIN and your Alpha Terminal Modem number (off

>There are instructions there on how to do it.

Can I tell it to strip all the header information and just send the subject
line?  It gives me garbage on my numeric pager before it gets to the real
message.

Quote:>Look into procmail if you need to be alerted when keywords are in the
>subject.

Does procmail replace sendmail?  Where can I find more information out about
it?

1. Any experience w/ PowerChute Plus event paging?

We've installed PowerChute Plus V4.2, which does a great job managing our
APC UPS.  However, it cannot seem to page us when an unfortunate event
happens, such as a power fails.  We have captured the cu script, and it
doesn't look right.  The vendor has been contacted, and hopefully an answer
will be forthcoming.  In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else out
there is successfully being paged by PowerChute Plus?

2. Yp (NIS) request or question

3. what is causing system to do page-in/page-out?

4. Firewall question

5. setting mouse button event to key press event

6. RAID adapters

7. XtAppAddTimeOut and Expose Event - Not Getting event

8. Disabling ppp's firewall

9. Joystick -->Create an event --> Handle this event

10. Glade Programming, Handling system event sounds.

11. AFT event: system crashes now and again

12. kde system events sound

13. System Login Sequence of Events?