Can I setup nis hosts-map to case-insensitive ?

Can I setup nis hosts-map to case-insensitive ?

Post by Lothar Linhar » Wed, 08 Mar 2000 04:00:00

When running a freeBSD box as nis client,
I've realized that the hosts nis-map is used
case-sensitive by the C-call:
        gethostbyname()

Requests answered by either a DNS server or by local /etc/hosts
are case-insentitive - only those answered by ypbind are case-sensitive.
Any idea, how to change that to case-insensitive ?

Thanks,

Lothar.

  lothar.vcf
< 1K Download

1. case-insensitive file system with Apache being case-sensitive.

Hi,
    does anybody know if I can change Apache from being case-sensitive?
The problem is that I've made a web site with a protected area, when I enter
the URL www.mysite.com/protected , I need to enter a password, but if I
enter www.mysite.com/Protected or www.mysite.com/proTected I enter the web
site without bieng prompt to enter a password.

    The only way I figured out is to configure Apache for all the
possibility, like: protected, Protected, PRotected, etc....

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Maxime Paquette

Scripto Centris Inc.
1030 Beaubien Est #103
Montreal, Quebec
H2S 1T4
(514) 277-6148
--

2. help regarding nbd

3. /etc/hosts (or NIS host map): official-host-name vs nicknames

4. Job Opportunity in Princeton, NJ

5. Case-insensitive matching in bash - Again

6. xxgdb compiled for LINUX

7. how to make regexp case-insensitive using sed

8. For Developers: Difference between Solaris and Linux

9. Case-insensitive filename completion in zsh?

10. Apache: Case-Insensitive <Location>?

11. How to perform a case-insensitive search in VI?

12. 2.4 Bug(feature?): Case-insensitive login & sessions

13. Can sed be case-insensitive?