Looking for LKM documentation.

Post by Rafal Grabowsk » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

Can anybody tell me where I could find some documentation on Loadable
Kernel Modules. I would like to start using them. I think the /dev/lkm
device must be configured somehow.

Thank you,
Rafal
--
Rafal Grabowski

Looking for LKM documentation.

Post by Mark W J Reddin » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Can anybody tell me where I could find some documentation on Loadable
> Kernel Modules. I would like to start using them. I think the /dev/lkm
> device must be configured somehow.

The V3 release notes imply that LKM is to be replaced !!!

I've also read (but cannot recall the URL) that enabling LKM is a *bad*
security move, and is only really used by kernel developers !!!

--

Mark W J Redding

Looking for LKM documentation.

Post by Chris Costell » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I've also read (but cannot recall the URL) that enabling LKM is a *bad*
> security move, and is only really used by kernel developers !!!

   KLDs are used by users as well as developers.  KLD has
replaced the LKM interface as of FreeBSD version 3.0.  Try
``man -k KLD''

1. Looking for home based Linux LKM and socket based application project

My cousin is in School now, he instgalled RH based Linux PC, would like
to do some Linux Project, with simple loadable kernel module and some
application should access that module using socket, this way the kernel
module loading and debugging, as well as socket application program can
be written, can somebody suggest us how to do this. Basically wants to
learn Linux Kernel programming. Also is there any Pseudo driver
availble in Linux (Or Loop around driver which is available in STREAMS
Programming).

In socket prog, will it be only one socket for both sides communication
or do I need two sockets (for example in standard FTP, will it use only
one socket for Tx abd Rx, Or is it two different sockets). Thanks.

2. NSAPI equivalent of the apache 'Action' directive?

3. Looking for some information about securing LKM

4. Does Linux WordPerfect support Borland SPRINT files?

5. A new Solaris x86 user, looking for documentation

6. Can linux box have two host names / 2 ip addresses

7. GTK-- and GdkGC / Gdk_GC looking for documentation

8. Need help with Jaton Blaze 3D

9. looking for PGP 5.0 UNIX documentation

10. Looking for documentations for SUSE 6.1

11. looking for sniffer (public domain) or documentation

12. Looking for Better Documentation on SuSEfirewall

13. looking for documentation...