ppp.conf and resolv.conf for bellsouth.net needed

ppp.conf and resolv.conf for bellsouth.net needed

Post by D » Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hello again everyone,
I'v been away too long. Now I returned to a problem of my
own. I changed from netcom to bellsouth.net, now I can't manage to get
ppp running. I can get a terminal prompt, but I cant get ppp to linkup.
If anyone using bellsouth could send me the files as an example I would
greatly appreciate it. These M/S windows suck. thanks.

Dave
P.S. willing to trade for help..

--
GIF89a,

Post by David Efflan » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>Hello again everyone,
>I'v been away too long. Now I returned to a problem of my
>own. I changed from netcom to bellsouth.net, now I can't manage to get
>ppp running. I can get a terminal prompt, but I cant get ppp to linkup.
>If anyone using bellsouth could send me the files as an example I would
>greatly appreciate it. These M/S windows suck. thanks.

I cannot answer bellsouth questions.  But if you want to try a free ISP
that works with any OS (works with Linux) check out http://www.freeweb.com/

Just click on "The Free Deal" and scroll down to where it says "I already
have a browser".  No popups.  The only requirement is that you point your
browser to their home page (which redirects you to snap.com).  FreeBSD
user ppp should be able to set up resolv.conf automatically.

--

http://www.de-srv.com/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~cv-elgin/

1. dhclient.conf to add dns in resolv.conf

I have a fresh Redhat 8 install and configured DHCP (dhclient) for my eth0 NIC.
It works but my problem is to prepend an other dns server in resolv.conf

The resolv.conf is :
; generated by /sbin/dhclient-script
search fpms.ac.be
nameserver 10.104.1.10

So I added /etc/dhclient.conf like this :

interface eth0 {
append domain-name-servers 193.190.210.80;

I restarted the network, reboot but the resolv.conf file is always the same.
I tried a lot of variations in dhclient.conf but never get it working.

Thanks,

David

n.B. just in case:
::::::::::::::
/var/lib/dhcp/dhclient-eth0.leases
::::::::::::::
lease {
  interface "eth0";
  fixed-address 10.104.11.48;
  option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
  option dhcp-lease-time 259200;
  option routers 10.104.11.1;
  option dhcp-message-type 5;
  option dhcp-server-identifier 10.104.1.10;
  option domain-name-servers 10.104.1.10;
  option dhcp-renewal-time 129600;
  option dhcp-rebinding-time 226800;
  option domain-name "fpms.ac.be";
  renew 4 2002/11/7 20:23:09;
  rebind 6 2002/11/9 05:26:36;
  expire 6 2002/11/9 14:26:36;

2. linking w/ libpcap

3. resolv.conf and rc.conf

4. Recording using a SoundBlaster Live - can YOU do it?

5. dhcpd.conf, resolv.conf and the search directive

6. SCSI Kernel - PANIC ATTACK!

7. named.conf "option forwarder" vs. resolv.conf "nameserver"?

8. Terminal server recommendations wanted

9. Looking for sample /etc/named.conf and etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts

10. Can I define srm.conf, access.conf in httpd.conf ?

11. make.conf, kernel.conf, world.conf?

12. PPP setup: 'resolv.conf' in RH 6.0

13. Automaticaly routing PPP & /etc/resolv.conf