Troubles with KDE package/port

Post by Stuart J Campbel » Tue, 20 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I'm having some trouble getting KDE to work on my system. I had it
running before upgrading to 3.2 .
Now, when I install it from the package, the wm  (kwm) tosses the core
and exits as soon as you open anything.

I attempted to make from the port but got the following error ( in
kdebase ):

c++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/X11R6/include/X11/qt -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/local/include/giflib  -O -pipe -c kfmgui.cpp
In file included from /usr/local/include/ksock.h:113,
                 from kioserver_ipc.h:8,
                 from kioserver.h:15,
                 from kfmview.h:14,
                 from kfmgui.h:19,
                 from kfmgui.cpp:25:
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:389: virtual memory exhausted
cpp: output pipe has been closed
*** Error code 1

Any clues how to fix either of these probs? I check mem usage when
making the ports and the process doesn't LOOK like it absorbs the whole
of my memory. Am i hitting some internal limit ? If so, can i modify
it?

s.

Troubles with KDE package/port

Post by Stuart J Campbel » Thu, 22 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Ok So I've solved the problem with the port. But KDE still doesn't work
!
I have recompiled the whole she-bang, including the dependencies, still
no good.
I do however, get the following message
    PID could not get read.
    PID could not get read.
    Could not read '/tmp//kfm-cache-0/index.txt'

    PID could not get read.
    PID could not get read.

When it starts. And indeed this file does not exist. However i don't
know where it is created or who reads it. I don't even know if that IS
the ACTUAL filename ( in which case it is obviously incorrect ). What to
do next?

Quote:

> s.

1. Fwd: [kde-solaris] 32-bit KDE 3.2.2 Solaris packages built with Forte

Forwarded from the kde-solaris mailing list.

--Stefan

----