FreeBSD 4.0 server outside firewall POP3 problem

FreeBSD 4.0 server outside firewall POP3 problem

Post by Jiawei Y » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I am currently running a FreeBSD server and a firewall as follows

xxx.xxx.xxx.250 Freebsd
xxx.xxx.xxx.249 my firewall

The problem now is that no machine in my firewall can ping or telnet to 250
except the firewall box itself. And when I installed the pop3d on 250, no
one could get their mail from 250 inside the firewall. I assume there is
something wrong with my FreeBSD setting, because telnet from inside the
firewall to other hosts are available (and ping too).

Could anyone suggest what I should be looking into?

Thanks

--
Jiawei Ye
g, kg, mm, m, km, ml, l

1. web server connection problem from outside firewall

I have a BEFW11S4 - EtherFast Wireless AP + Cable/DSL Router w/ 4-Port
Switch Notes  that I use among other thing as an hardware firewall. I
forward ssh and http port request to my linux box. ssh requests works but
http requests do not seem to be working. I can only view pages from my web
server from inside my firewall but not from outside. Even when I set the
linux box as a DMZ host, all the open ports respond except http port that do
not process request. Anyone has encounter such problem ?
Thanks,

Virginia

2. which netra

3. Compiling kernel for Cyrix 6x86

4. FreeBSD 4.0 firewall problem

5. I'm wearing my ball and ipchains. Please help.

6. argh! mouse problem with freebsd 4.0/xfree 4.0

7. KDE and changing wallpaper.

8. Home POP3 server connect to ISP POP3 server

9. Cannot see web server outside firewall

10. Accessing Web server from outside firewall

11. Web application server inside or outside firewall

12. Putting DNS Server outside firewall ? or inside ?