IDE Problem: wdcontrol error!!!

Post by Raiden Fighte » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I post a message earlier regarding the problem installing FreeBSD 3.3.

These are the steps:
1. I booted the PC using the FreeBSD CDROM.
2. I went into the visual configuration screen and removed all
unnecessary drivers.
The active ones were wd0(IDE0), wd1(IDE1), fd0(Floppy), matcd0(Creative
CDROM),
PS/2 mouse, parallel port, serial port and keyboard drivers.
3. I quit the config screen
4. The kernel could detect all my hardware just fine.
5. However when some program probed my hardware again, it hung.
(at the "Probing devices...this could take a while" screen)

As suggested by someone I turned on debugging(ALT-F2) and the following
messages came out:

wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand
failed reading fsbn 0 (status b0 <busy,wrtflt,seekdone> error 0)
failed reading fsbn 0 (status b0 <busy,wrtflt,seekdone> error 0)
failed reading fsbn 0 (status b0 <busy,wrtflt,seekdone> error 0)
failed reading fsbn 0 (status b0 <busy,wrtflt,seekdone> error 0)
failed reading fsbn 0 (status b0 <busy,wrtflt,seekdone> error 0)
wd0: wdstart: wdcontrol returned nonzero, state = 1

What's the problem with my IDE controller??

My hardware config(if it helps):

P3 450, 128M ram
VIA motherboard(supports DMA66)
IBM 9.1 G Harddisk(supports DMA66, master of the IDE0 controller)
Creative 40X CDROM driver (master of the IDE1 controller)
Diamond Viper 770 TNT2 display card 32M
SoundBlaster Live!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.