Burning audio to CD-R disks

Post by Daryl Nin » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have been trying to burn audio to my CD-R disks using a script
very similar to burnaudio in /usr/share/examples/atapi/

device=/dev/r$1
wormcontrol -f$device prepdisk double
shift
for f in $*
do
        echo Burning file $f
        wormcontrol -f $device track audio
        wormcontrol -f $device nextwriteable
        dd if=$f of=$device obs=2352 conv=osync
done
wormcontrol -f $device fixate 1 onp

I have had success burning to a CD-RW disk, however when I use a CD-R
(I have tried three different brands) only about 17 MB gets written
before an "Input/output error" from "dd" ends the track.  I can burn
data to the disks fine, just not raw audio.  I'm using an IDE Sony CD-RW.
I find it strange that the CD-RW disk works but not my CD-R disks.
Any help with situation would be greatly appreciated.

Burning audio to CD-R disks

Post by Apophi » Wed, 19 Apr 2000 04:00:00

in linux i found transfer errors occur unless i modify HDD setting with
hdparm i do this
hdparm -c1 -d1 /dev/hda (for my HDD) and
hdparm -c1 -d1 /dev/hdc (for my cdrom) this activates '32-bit' mode it will
not increase performance but synchronise data flow if that fails u might want
to add -X34 to that to enable 'ultra dma66' which is bullshit anyway be it
dma33/66 there is only a few percent increase in performance. In fact if i
add -X34 i get 8megs/sec instead of 12megs/sec transfer rate and more cpu
overhead for some *ing reason. I have little experience with fbsd but
would like to learn more about it and use it.-d1 enables normal dma transfer
which is the 'old' dma method yet outperforms the newer protocols. some
kernels may have this enable my default. hope it helps..ah yeah u need hdparm
installed and only works for IDE drives i think aah and u must be root to use
hdparm

> I have been trying to burn audio to my CD-R disks using a script
> very similar to burnaudio in /usr/share/examples/atapi/

> device=/dev/r$1
> wormcontrol -f$device prepdisk double
> shift
> for f in $*
> do
>         echo Burning file $f
>         wormcontrol -f $device track audio
>         wormcontrol -f $device nextwriteable
>         dd if=$f of=$device obs=2352 conv=osync
> done
> wormcontrol -f $device fixate 1 onp

> I have had success burning to a CD-RW disk, however when I use a CD-R
> (I have tried three different brands) only about 17 MB gets written
> before an "Input/output error" from "dd" ends the track.  I can burn
> data to the disks fine, just not raw audio.  I'm using an IDE Sony CD-RW.
> I find it strange that the CD-RW disk works but not my CD-R disks.
> Any help with situation would be greatly appreciated.

1. Burning data/audio CD Error Audio

Hi,

my Hardware:

Buslogic BT948
2xIBM DORS 32160 U
P-166, 64 MB RAM
Phillips CDD2000/00

Kernel 2.0.21  Cdwrite-2.0  xcdroast-0.95 and all the needed goodies

ok - I burned a CD data/audio  - everything seemed to perform well and I
pushed the needed cancel buttons when finished writing - no other way to
get back to the main menu in xcdroast, isdn't it ?

Anyway after I wrote the CD, I looked at the data and everything was
there.
I put it in my home CD player and heard the audio from the Game.
I put it in the computer to play and whe nthe audio tracks come it
crashes.
Also no software CD-PLayer is able to play the  audio's.

What could have happened here ? I put audioread on 4x speed (the writer
reads 4x and writes 2x)
I choose "all" when choosing the tracks to copy. I had enough HS space.
I choose "big indian" because I use a Phillips.

I don't want to burn on W95 - oh no please !

Any hints and experiences - please reply - I'm waiting desperatly

bye
--

   Christophe

Hamburg, Germany

In newsgroups please reply also by email - thanks

2. Tokenizer

3. Audio CD burning with HP CD-Writer

4. RST in response to SYN (Posix.1g)

5. Can burn data but cannot burn audio???

6. The PARALLEL Processing Connection - What Is It?

7. How burn wav files to cd audio ?

8. PPro and xdvi(k) error

9. Problems with burning audio CDs

10. lost timer interrupts when doing audio CD burn/extract

11. SuSE 7.3 koncd reads - no burn, audio cds play - no sound

12. audio cd burning information

13. Still need help with audio cd burning!!!