windows manager

Post by Eric Graybil » Mon, 25 Jan 1999 04:00:00

what is the best windows manager available for freebsd?

-eric

windows manager

Post by DrBoo » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> what is the best windows manager available for freebsd?

> -eric

*cough* Define "best". You might approach it from the other end -- i.e.
what do you want to do with it? Do you want eye candy, or do you want
something fast and small? That's the cool thing about the various
freenixen: choices abound. Check out the following links for more info:

http://www.rasterman.com/     It's purty :)
http://fvwm.math.uh.edu/
http://www.terraware.net/ftp/pub/Mirrors/FVWM95/fvwm95.html
http://www.gnome.org/    (Though some deny that it's just a wm...)
http://www.kiss.uni-lj.si/~k4fr0235/icewm/    I like and use
http://www.kde.org/  (Same comments as for Gnome)
http://windowmaker.org/

This is just a sample... have fun, run them all, amaze your friends!

-j

1. how do you open other window managers in a window manager

I like using ICE as my w.m.  but sometimes I like the look of
WindowMaker.  How can I open this up in Ice.

also, can I use KDE as my default and then be able to use Ice or WM as
above?  The only reason I'm asking is that KDE is an environment while
the other two are managers.

also , does anyone know where i can get a tutorial or a good web site
on Ice.  the main site seems to be down or misplaces or something.

2. How to move mount point from one drive to another?

3. ctwm window manager Icon manager?

4. Need xlsclients on AIX

5. Desktop manager or Window manager ?

6. ipfwadm

7. switch Window manager and desktop manager?

8. mail how to ...

9. Windows-like window manager?

10. Window System Hangs When Using CDE + olwm Window Manager

11. Sawfish Window Manager - not raising windows when focussed

12. window manager focus and window stack

13. Windows NT power user needs Window Manager with hotkeys for everything